My fellow Irish festivalers

Guest Wooderson

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Y'know, I think this thread's ridiculous. I, for one, will be taking my tricolor with me to mark our camp. If it's OK to take a Cuban flag because of political connotations, why can't I fly my tricolor? After all, I do support the idea of Irish Republicanism. I'm not having a go at the original poster, if you don't wish to involve yourself in such revelry, of course, that's your perogative. But let's not berate people that take enjoyment out of it. I just think the whole thread has got out of hand with the anti-everything bullshit.

All sorts of people go to Glastonbury, some of the people that attend the festival may be proud of their identity, whatever it may be. God forbid this happening around you.

I had a roy keane head coat hanger with 1996 father dougal nightwear ROI top pinned to the fence by my tent a few years back so i could find my tent. But thats ok because i'm 100% PVC paddy.

Welsh flags at glastonbury are baffling, well done your from wales? I'd have a bit more respect if they had an oggie on a stick.

I had a roy keane head coat hanger with 1996 father dougal nightwear ROI top pinned to the fence by my tent a few years back so i could find my tent. But thats ok because i'm 100% PVC paddy.

Welsh flags at glastonbury are baffling, well done your from wales? I'd have a bit more respect if they had an oggie on a stick.

Y'know, I think this thread's ridiculous. I, for one, will be taking my tricolor with me to mark our camp. If it's OK to take a Cuban flag because of political connotations, why can't I fly my tricolor? After all, I do support the idea of Irish Republicanism. I'm not having a go at the original poster, if you don't wish to involve yourself in such revelry, of course, that's your perogative. But let's not berate people that take enjoyment out of it. I just think the whole thread has got out of hand with the anti-everything bullshit.

All sorts of people go to Glastonbury, some of the people that attend the festival may be proud of their identity, whatever it may be. God forbid this happening around you.

You see, that's the bit I don't get. 'Proud of your identity'. What does that mean? I'm really not being obtuse, I just don't get it. It's a really odd concept to me. Proud of where you're from? Why? it's just an accident of geography that you were born there.

I'm not being fighty, wave whatever flags you like, but I don't understand it. And generally, talk of identity, pride and nationalism makes me very very nervous.

You see, that's the bit I don't get. 'Proud of your identity'. What does that mean? I'm really not being obtuse, I just don't get it. It's a really odd concept to me. Proud of where you're from? Why? it's just an accident of geography that you were born there.

I'm not being fighty, wave whatever flags you like, but I don't understand it. And generally, talk of identity, pride and nationalism makes me very very nervous.

Top thread. :D

Leave the tricolours at home, no-one gives a f**k where you're from. The paddywhackery that goes on at festivals is ridiculous. You might as well have a sign saying "Look at me, I'm Irish, I'm gas craic and everyone loves me."

I'm Irish but I don't need a sign to remind everyone of it.

That was a great set by Primal Scream in 2005 ;) My friend was on the opinion that is was shite.