Atmosphere

Guest PaulDavis

paul mate people would complain about a festival even if ian curtis and jimi hendrix resurrected from the grave a performed a duet.

as aforementioned its a very british thing to moan and this forum does not account for even 1/20 of the people attending V who probably are living under the allusion that the line up is fantastic.

well its not but its my first major festival, i'm guna have a good time whoever i go and see :P

I don't like Leeds, yes it has a better line up as a whole which creates more clashes but I don't like Leeds, I only went in the year's when there were trouble and honeslty I saw sooo many fights and had to sleep up hill all night, my friends went last year and also did not like.

I DID NOT JUST SEE THAT SOMEONE COMPARED DIZEE RASCAL TO N-DUBZ DID I PLEASE GOD NO

I don't think this is strictly true, it's easy to disregard peoples attitudes towards this years line-up by simply saying 'people always/like moaning' but if you visit the glasto or Download forum they're are/were very positive. The only complaints I've got about Download were that there weren't enough water taps for people leading to ques & that it's over :P

anybody who hates jazz is to be respected...hey, if you're making it up as you go along its not music! by that definition...a cat running across a piano keyboard could be said to be playing jazz...coooooooool daddio....

in saying that...miles davies is alright

Edited by Gaaz

I don't like Leeds, yes it has a better line up as a whole which creates more clashes but I don't like Leeds, I only went in the year's when there were trouble and honeslty I saw sooo many fights and had to sleep up hill all night, my friends went last year and also did not like.

anybody who hates jazz is to be respected...hey, if you're making it up as you go along its not music! by that definition...a cat running across a piano keyboard could be said to be playing jazz...coooooooool daddio....

in saying that...miles davies is alright

Technically most guitar solos are made up on the spot mate, its called improvisation and Cream (Eric Clapton et al) made a name for themselves doing just that. Slash quite often changes his solos during live runs too.

As for jazz while I'm not overly keen on it there are some great players, George Benson and Charlie Christian, Satchmo himself, etc... without their influence we would have half of the original guitar greats (T-Bone Walker a rock / blues musician learned with Christian, then they in turn influenced Chuck Berry, who influenced Buddy Holly, The Who and Rolling Stones, giving us Led Zepp, who gave us the 80s rock / punk icons and eventually Dave Grohl and Foo Fighters).

I always say regardless of the genre of music there is always one song you can find that you'll enjoy... its why I try not to pigeon-hole myself into one style of music.

As for the atmosphere there is a completely different reaction from people when they've had a couple of beers and are at an event as to when they're sat at the PC after a day at work - people will be dancing and shouting and singing away at V, just like always. If they aren't then why have they paid for a ticket?

Ha, it sounds like you've just watched Jerry Maguire and decided to name drop a couple of Jazz musicians.

I only say this cos they're the only two I know of as well and it's only from watching that film.

people should check out eric bibb very loosely jazz but mixes jazz/folk/blues and is fantastic. Also another artist that mixes jazz/folk blues is terry callier another fantastic artist who did uite a bit with beth orton int he late 90's.

when artists can mixx up jazz/blues/folk into a song the music is one of the best out there.

I don't think this is strictly true, it's easy to disregard peoples attitudes towards this years line-up by simply saying 'people always/like moaning' but if you visit the glasto or Download forum they're are/were very positive. The only complaints I've got about Download were that there weren't enough water taps for people leading to ques & that it's over :D