Blur or Oasis?

Guest jamesbduk

Blur or Oasis?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Only one from Blur and Oasis please!

• Blur
    • Oasis

Difficult one for me.

After watching Blur last night, my head says them - they were brilliant.

However, back in the day I was Oasis all the way, so I'm going to have to be loyal to my roots and say Oasis. (Messy lyrics)

Can't we just have Blur instead of The Killers??

Watched Blur at Glastonbury on TV last night - was never much of a fan of them and have to say I haven't changed my mind!!! They just don't do for me what Oasis does - which is basically singing my heart out and rocking along to their great lyrics. I do like a couple of Blur's hits but that's about it for me.

and by the way - no, we are NOT having Blur instead of the Killers!!!!!!!!

oasis all the way for me.....they are the band of my youth and i may be in the minority but i really enjoy their music since morning glory (standing on the shoulders of giants was very patchy but had a few decent songs).

for me oasis have bigger and better anthems and if i want experimental music blur are not a patch on radiohead.

robx

just like andynet I was a massive fan int he early days of oasis and couldnt stand the blur chirpy chappy music(or how I perceived tham at the time).

but since the blur album(beetlebum, etc), I just loved blur and oasis in my opinion havent changed what so ever.

I like bands that progress and dont just stick to the tried and tested formula, thats why I appreciate and love bands like blur, radiohead and bjork.

seen oasis a fair few times at festivals and they just havnt cut it one single time, blur when I have seen them at festivals have been outstanding every time.

Im amazed they are not playing v to be hones as there playing other uk festivals, but then it would seriously would of been a 90s throwback festival.

so my vote would be for blur.

i think at the height of britpop it was oasis who were the superior band, but they've sort of become a bit uncool to like recently. my vote goes to oasis because for a long period of time they were my favourite band and arguably definitely maybe is better than any album blur ever made. blur have adapted to the times better and have changed their sound accordingly and they were on fire last night. but i've still never seen oasis play so even though at this time i'm edging toward blur, my vote still has to go to oasis.

I saw Blur at glasto last night and they absolutely blew me away fantastic stuff. Ive seen Oasis loads before and they have never come close to that for me.

i'd say blur. oasis have been on a constant decline imo. oasis arent that great live either, im seeing them in a week though so ill have to see if theyve improved (ive heard they have) if they blow me away i may regret choosing blur, and consider watching them again at v.

Dont get me wrong, Blur were awesome at Glasto, in fact they were the highlight.

However, 90% of that was beacuse its been such a long time since we had the pleasure of seeing the cheese making crew. So for me, oasis still for V..

saying that though, Blur are far better live...

Dont get me wrong, Blur were awesome at Glasto, in fact they were the highlight.

However, 90% of that was beacuse its been such a long time since we had the pleasure of seeing the cheese making crew. So for me, oasis still for V..

saying that though, Blur are far better live...

Despite Oasis being my favourite band, I'd shoot for Blur as Oasis have already headlined V.

Though if Blur were still going and Oasis had broke up and this was a long awaited comeback, I'm sure everyone would say differently.

Edited by Jonny!