Differences between Stafford and Chelms?

Guest icedgems

I went to Stafford last year, but now I've moved down South I decided to get tickets for Chelmsford this year.

Apart from the standard "oh but the north/south is better" or whatever, are there any major differences that I'll find in Chelmsford from Stafford?

Is the site more compact? (Last year I walked from my car for an hour before there was space to camp!) Are there any other attractions apart from the music stages? More/less stalls? Different kind of people? (have heard rumours on this one...) etc etc

Thanks all :lol:

been to staffs many times as I live very close by, but one year I went to chelmsford for a change and apart form meeting a new gf there who turned out to be a right nutcase lol everything is the same. I did find chelmsford a bit bigger but aprt form that nothing is differnt.

They didnt have the indie disco then, but this was 7 or 8 years ago and I dont know if its changed.

Edited by thetime

I went to Stafford last year, but now I've moved down South I decided to get tickets for Chelmsford this year.

Apart from the standard "oh but the north/south is better" or whatever, are there any major differences that I'll find in Chelmsford from Stafford?

Is the site more compact? (Last year I walked from my car for an hour before there was space to camp!) Are there any other attractions apart from the music stages? More/less stalls? Different kind of people? (have heard rumours on this one...) etc etc

Thanks all :D

We'll be taking the train this year.... how is the shuttle bus system in Chelms? We're in yellow camping - which apparently is nearer to where the shuttle bus from the station drops people off? (Hope so!)

Beer queues... well I came up with a genius way of smuggling vodka in to the arena (and then all you need to buy is a bottle of coke from whichever place has least queue), so hopefully that method will work just as well this time! :)

We'll be taking the train this year.... how is the shuttle bus system in Chelms? We're in yellow camping - which apparently is nearer to where the shuttle bus from the station drops people off? (Hope so!)

Beer queues... well I came up with a genius way of smuggling vodka in to the arena (and then all you need to buy is a bottle of coke from whichever place has least queue), so hopefully that method will work just as well this time! :D

Well, you know those little plastic 50ml bottles of spirits (like you get on airplanes)... well, take a big bottle of vodka (decanted to plastic of course). And then refil lots of those little bottles each morning and hide them about your person. A few in each welly, some down your bra (if you're female...), in the hood bit of your waterproof, etc etc. Each bottle holds a double so you shouldn't need too many! And then, buy a bottle of coke from whichever food place / ice cream van has least queue, tip some vodka in and ta-dah! Also, it's much easier to hold and dance with than beer, and saves A LOT of queueing time :lol: