Spending money

Guest Rich Jones

With talk of people spending upwards of £300 in spends for the weekend, i'm beginning to wonder how this adds up.

maybe there are some charges i have forgot, but arn't the main ones food, drink and car park?

a quick calculation based on what i expect to consume :

DRINKS

6 pints per day @ 3.50 each = £21 per day x3 = £63 in alcohol for the weekend (the rest will be tent drank cans)

FOOD

Pot noodles and crisps aside, I expect to spend a max of £15 per day on burgers etc = £45 for the weekend

Car parking is defo going to be about 10-12 quid

So that totals (45+63+12) £120

Lets say I drink a bit more, its going to be £160 max surely?

Are the £300 spenders all alcoholics??!!

It's easily done.

Food, drink, the fair, the stalls, car parking, cigarettes, stuff you forgot that you have to buy from the shop for stupid money, extras like massages and hair, lockers, phone charging etc etc

I recently spent 350£ at T in the Park, but that was 4 and a half days, and I bought a few people drinks and also came back with new clothes.

;)

Some people do buy all their food and drink at the festival and that can add up. Especially when you consider that a bottle of water is £2.00! :S

Me personally, I never spend more than £100 at V. It's usually much less in fact!!! :)

i must admit i always come back with a few new dresses from whatever festival i go to!!!! i cant help it!!!! im a shopaholic lol x

With talk of people spending upwards of £300 in spends for the weekend, i'm beginning to wonder how this adds up.

maybe there are some charges i have forgot, but arn't the main ones food, drink and car park?

a quick calculation based on what i expect to consume :

DRINKS

6 pints per day @ 3.50 each = £21 per day x3 = £63 in alcohol for the weekend (the rest will be tent drank cans)

FOOD

Pot noodles and crisps aside, I expect to spend a max of £15 per day on burgers etc = £45 for the weekend

Car parking is defo going to be about 10-12 quid

So that totals (45+63+12) £120

Lets say I drink a bit more, its going to be £160 max surely?

Are the £300 spenders all alcoholics??!!

One of the guys who comes with us always manages to spend a fortune, he is the biggest eater I have ever known, he gets a full breakfast for around the £6 mark in the morning, by 11am he has noodles etc.. at a cost of £4, he then has an afternoon snakc of a burger and then gets a Pizza or something later on, he must spend around £60 alone minimum on food and then goes on ever fair ground ride, he went on that huge bungee thing last year once a day at £35 a shot.

We always buy the inflatable chairs between 1 of us as they always deflate by the last day and buy the t-shirts, programes, he must drink at east 10 pints a day even with what he sneaks in, so it is a dear dou for someone like that.

£300 is probably excessive, £200 is pushing it unless you do the happy drunk thing of buying loads of beer tokens (its amazing how many of those things you leave V with too) or buy a few T-shirts at £20 a pop.

You could easily spend £100 on two days in the hippy village, but then you could do V on a minimum £100... just wouldn't recommend it as you would limit what you do. Oh and the bungee catapult is a fortune - especially if you just ate like some muppets did.