Are you allowed...

Guest jjbeeson

Here's a story for ya.

Never had any problems getting drink into the campsite, even the odd glass bottle of wine which is banned, but my friend last year had a 2 litre bottle of Vimto (with the cap still on and untampered with) taken off her by a miserable security guard bitch. So, I'll be taking a couple of crates this year as per but just pray you don't get a twatty security guard who hasn't been briefed properly.

A resealable capri-sun carton filled with half a bottle of spirits works wonders. Just transport it in your pants close to your under-carriage! Or wrapped tightly in your coat/hoody and concelaed at the bottom of your bag.

I also find that security search you less thoroughly if you employ a diversonary tactic - approach them slurping loudly from a can of cider before graciously but conspiciously disposing of it! They'll think you're a real gent/lady and subsequently go easier on you.

A resealable capri-sun carton filled with half a bottle of spirits works wonders. Just transport it in your pants close to your under-carriage! Or wrapped tightly in your coat/hoody and concelaed at the bottom of your bag.

I also find that security search you less thoroughly if you employ a diversonary tactic - approach them slurping loudly from a can of cider before graciously but conspiciously disposing of it! They'll think you're a real gent/lady and subsequently go easier on you.

I'm getting confused here! I know all about the rules for the campsite and the rule of no alcohol is allowed to be taken into the arena (and some tricks for getting it in). But what can you take into the Arena? Bottles of water unopened but under 1 ltr? Fruit cartons unopened (OK so you can actually undo the bottom, empty, refill with your tiple of choice and glue back up!!!), bottles of coke unopened? Anyone know what exactly is allowed?

Don't quote me but I was under the impression you're not allowed to take anything in, even if unopened. I think water is a different matter, due to health conditions and whatnot but I doubt they'd let you take a bottle of Coke in the arena when they can make a wad out of making you buy Coke inside. Then again, the only thing I've tried to get in is alcohol - and successfuly most of the time at that!

I think there are loads of threads on here offering up some obvious - and not so obvious - ways! I used to wear a man bag and hide it in a zipped up bit but can't be arsed with that now, so it's harder - also the security was a lot tighter last year. Last year, I hid one can in my baggy three-quarter trousers, got past the guards before it promptly fell out of the leg and hit the mud - but, hey, they didn't see and so I promptly opened it and began drinking. :P

I think there are loads of threads on here offering up some obvious - and not so obvious - ways! I used to wear a man bag and hide it in a zipped up bit but can't be arsed with that now, so it's harder - also the security was a lot tighter last year. Last year, I hid one can in my baggy three-quarter trousers, got past the guards before it promptly fell out of the leg and hit the mud - but, hey, they didn't see and so I promptly opened it and began drinking. :P

You do realise security probably read this haha you can take unopened soft drinks up to a litre into the arena probably reason that girl got her 2litre vimto taken off her ive never had problems with getting booze in arena normally i drink vodka mixed up with something so i normally just act as if its pop wand walk on by or hide it under my top