Heres one for the negative people

Guest Sonofjackass

Like many of you i have decided that this is my last V and next year im hopefully glastonbury and reading bound.

...but in saying this i may re-consider if they pull out one hell of a headliner package, to make up for the rest of the shite (IMO) over the weekend

Im thinking if...

Daft Punk

Foo Fighters

The Strokes

Blur

Or some other big name revival appears....then...and only then will i decide to stay loyal to V

Just making this thread as a discussion over what names next year will encourage you guys to not abandon ship

Muse have revealed that they had a UFO prop built for their headline V Festival show last weekend (August 16 and 17), but it didn't fit with the stage set-up.

Frontman Matt Bellamy told Virgin Radio that the band spent a lot of money on having the prop built, and will most likely use it for live shows later down the line.

"Unfortunately we couldn't get it in [to the stage set-up]," he said. "We could have done it with a bunch of wires and stuff. The idea was to have it come out of the sky and hover above the crowd.

"We had it built, spent a lot of money, but we'll save it for 2010."

Instead of the UFO, Muse played their two V Festival shows flanked by enormous satellites, and also used smoke and fire effects.

REM or Paul McCartney

Arctics

Flaming Lips

Super Furrys

Teenage Fanclub

Kanye West

Flight Of The Conchords (doing stuff of the first series...not the last one!)

Charlatans (doing a greatest hits set...not the crap I missed KOL for last year!)

Ian Brown

Elbow

Lenny Kravitz (how f*ckin' good was he last year!?!?)

Jimmy Cliff

Roots Manuva

Public Enemy

Stevie Wonder

Rev & The Makers

Shed 7 (again..how f*ckin' good were they last!??!!)

Next year

Right gunna piss on everyone's bonfires here but

-It won't be Muse, they played V last year, they will surely be at Reading and Leeds

-It won't be Blur, next summer Gorillaz are back on the scene, they might get booked as Arena headliner which would be ace!

-It won't be Foos they did V in 2007, and are still on a rest, they will play other fests before back at V

-Daft Punk are NOWHERE near big enough to headline, but second or 3rd stage yeah, heres hoping

-The Strokes aren't big enough top actually headline but last but one would be an excellent booking

I reckon maybes are....

- Coldplay, maybe, if they want the cash and want to do it, they don't even need to be toruing could just do it as a one off like Muse did last year

- Green Day, haven't played V since 1998, it will probably be a battel between the fests who splashes the most cash on booking them who gets them next year

- Kings of Leon, unfortuanetly they'r flavour of the month and might get tempted by some stupid cash offer V throws at them, especially if they've finished the new album which is meant to be out late 2010

- The Stone Roses, this is the act I think will headline V next year and be the big booking, Mani did an interview last week whilst talking about the 20 year anniversary of the album saying that he's trying to get them back together and it looks like they might finally be doing it next year. This would be a booking V would absolutely love and it would fit V like a glove, I can see it happening, I really can, who would be the fellow headliner I don't know though, probably Kings of Leon

- Faithless, these guys will surely be back next year, but in what slot I dunno

Next year

Right gunna piss on everyone's bonfires here but

-It won't be Muse, they played V last year, they will surely be at Reading and Leeds

-It won't be Blur, next summer Gorillaz are back on the scene, they might get booked as Arena headliner which would be ace!

-It won't be Foos they did V in 2007, and are still on a rest, they will play other fests before back at V

-Daft Punk are NOWHERE near big enough to headline, but second or 3rd stage yeah, heres hoping

-The Strokes aren't big enough top actually headline but last but one would be an excellent booking

I reckon maybes are....

- Coldplay, maybe, if they want the cash and want to do it, they don't even need to be toruing could just do it as a one off like Muse did last year

- Green Day, haven't played V since 1998, it will probably be a battel between the fests who splashes the most cash on booking them who gets them next year

- Kings of Leon, unfortuanetly they'r flavour of the month and might get tempted by some stupid cash offer V throws at them, especially if they've finished the new album which is meant to be out late 2010

- The Stone Roses, this is the act I think will headline V next year and be the big booking, Mani did an interview last week whilst talking about the 20 year anniversary of the album saying that he's trying to get them back together and it looks like they might finally be doing it next year. This would be a booking V would absolutely love and it would fit V like a glove, I can see it happening, I really can, who would be the fellow headliner I don't know though, probably Kings of Leon

- Faithless, these guys will surely be back next year, but in what slot I dunno

Hopefully Green Day for 2010, am seeing them in London. The new tunes should be great live.

As for Gorrilaz, I thought they was a cartoon so how do they do it live?

Saw stone Roses nearly 20 year ago they were fairly crap live, so would never sound that great in a field.

Sadly Stone Roses, while immense are crap live, but very iconic. Foos are on a rest, but Dave G is getting itchy feet, interview with Taylor reckoned Dave has been coming up with ideas for new tunes and the pair have been doing some stuff in his home studio. But I reckon they'd do Glastonbury first or book out Wembley (could mean Hard Rock Calling gets them!).

QOTSA would do something like Download or Sonisphere - this is the problem, new festival like Sonisphere that travels will take anything remotely hardish rock / metal / punk.

Lenny Kravitz has just finished his UK tour - I went, he rocked.

Shed 7 could play again as they have a few gigs on in December so I think they'll be up for a few fests in the New Year.

A good headliner that has great songs, wide appeal, most people can sing to and are fantastic live - Bon Jovi, but the chances of getting them are none!

surely reading will try there hardest to get stone roses (if it happens) but i assume ian brown loves v (or maybe the money they give him) as he's always headlining the jjb.

i think next year arctic monkeys will play. but if were considering re-forming bands, surely the libertines are worth a shout?

What V really need to do is listen to efest people and act on it, failing that hire two reasonably into music people with internet access and Spotify! Should come up with some good music then.