What this festival needs (realistically)

Guest Gaaz

V organizers, im my opinion, should have included the following

a 3rd day

a new headliner in blur

artists with the calibre of.. fleet foxes, camera obscura, patrick wolf, the dead weather, vampire weekend etc

they are my 3 suggestions, feel free to post your own :P

V organizers, im my opinion, should have included the following

a 3rd day

a new headliner in blur

artists with the calibre of.. fleet foxes, camera obscura, patrick wolf, the dead weather, vampire weekend etc

they are my 3 suggestions, feel free to post your own :P

v is doing what its aiming for. There aiming for the very occasional festival/music fan and it has always been the same.

its never been cutting edge and never will be, its aimed totally at the occasional gig/festval goer and what your seing now is what popular among the audience there aiming for. they might of occasinally had a more alternative headliner like morrissey and foo fighters but overall its aimed at the local radio listener market.

ive said it before how someone can get emotionally attached to v is beyond me, it hasnt got the history or character like festivals like glastonbury and reading which I can understand people being attached to those.

what v will do is carry on a it is now, a radio friendly festival. it really does make me laugh when people more or less orgasm over the fecking indie disco at weston park, people actully think this is the bess knees.

with v you know what ur goign to get, u either like it or lump it and go somewhere else.

Also the main problem with v is that the good indie/rock bands are always going to play reading/leeds as that has more kudos than playing v.

im not being negative, its just how it is.

Its basically a urinal that you lean your arse against and have a dump...but as my mates have pointed out that basically means you're having a crap, nads outs to all and sundry, at a 45 degree angle, plus if you're a bit shorter or taller than average, you'll walk away with somebody elses shite against your neck/ankles...

You know on things like Dragons Den they say they blame the family and friends for saying bad ideas are really good ideas...its the other way round with my lot...

Oh, and my sister said its basically a toilet without a door...couldn't argue with that one...

Edited by staffsknot

The time .... hit the nail on the head ive basically used V as a stepping stone seen Foo's first year f**king loved them seen Muse last year amazing then this year just dont sound great or appeal to me which basically makes me think its time for pastures new so im going to leeds

it needs to realise that Girls Aloud went over well (as did the Sugababes) when they played the first time but that does not mean that you should use that experience to inform your booking policy.

it needs to realise that bookings like Iggy & The Stooges, Sonic Youth, Pixies, Fun Lovin' Criminals, Jesus & Mary Chain, Dreadzone, Killing Joke etc were GREAT bookings and people loved V for getting them

It needs to offer more for the money, suggestions in the past have included tribute bands in Union tent on the Friday, comedy tent etc. How about a silent disco after bands in Union as an alternative to movies in JJB.

Prehaps just re-book the 2004 lineup for next year with the JJB lineup from 2001 and the dance line-up from '97.

Edited by TheNewUnion

I've been for the last 4 years and its way too commercial for my taste - was at glasto as a youngster and will definalty be making that my festival of choice after this year....my problem is that my friends are so hooked on V and think its the best thing since sliced bread that they will no go anywhere else and whil;e we've had some really good times.... its just not the same.

In my opinion alot of the bands people would like to see at a festival like V wont play because it just too pop orientated and commercial they would go L&R IOW and Glasto becuase they have much more history and its probably more credable to play there with the likes of blur and artic monkeys rather than NDUBZ!

And as for orgamsming over the indie disco at weston park...... i'd rather do that than listen to a load of protensious t*|ts bang on about getting in the arena to hear poker face!!

v is doing what its aiming for. There aiming for the very occasional festival/music fan and it has always been the same.

its never been cutting edge and never will be, its aimed totally at the occasional gig/festval goer and what your seing now is what popular among the audience there aiming for. they might of occasinally had a more alternative headliner like morrissey and foo fighters but overall its aimed at the local radio listener market.

ive said it before how someone can get emotionally attached to v is beyond me, it hasnt got the history or character like festivals like glastonbury and reading which I can understand people being attached to those.

what v will do is carry on a it is now, a radio friendly festival. it really does make me laugh when people more or less orgasm over the fecking indie disco at weston park, people actully think this is the bess knees.

with v you know what ur goign to get, u either like it or lump it and go somewhere else.

Also the main problem with v is that the good indie/rock bands are always going to play reading/leeds as that has more kudos than playing v.

im not being negative, its just how it is.

It's never going to be less commercial - that's just not realistic.

Therefore I would say they need to either :

a) add a third day of music

:O allow access to the site on the Friday evening again (as in the early days) for DJ's. films etc...

After that, I would say decrease the numbers entering by about 5-10%, but again, that's unrealistic as it would then mean less money.

Finally, let me DJ at the top of a big tower in the middle of the Camp Sites from 11pm to 6am for all those who "are having trouble sleeping".