Weather

Guest Sim182

weve had appalling weather 3 years on the trot at staffs so I think we deserve a nice weekend for a change after persevering thru last year especially! Think it was 2005 the last time we had a real scorcher of a weekend when oasis played last...hopefully thats a good omen?

am i the only one who thought the mud wasnt all that bad. it was incredible fun infact. name me one other scenario where normal people can have a weekend away from work and everyday life and end up mudwrestling with random people and getting launched across the mud on an inflateable mobile phone. i thought it was brilliant! plus you should have seen the crowd part like i was moses and they were the sea when i called "please let me through, im covered in mud" just before muse aswell. :lol:

Haha this thread is funny, the wetaher at V is nothing compared to other festivals. If you have been to glastonbury and experienced the mud there you can live with anything that the weather in staffordshire throws at you. Ive just got back from Y-not festival over near derby and we had heavy rain friday night and saturday and the site was completly brown deep mud everywhere usually at a festival when it rains you can get out your tent with your trainers on and sit down outside your tent until you need to head down to the arena but this was something else. Still was an awsome experience so i dont care what the weather is like at V. Bring your worst mother nature.

Haha this thread is funny, the wetaher at V is nothing compared to other festivals. If you have been to glastonbury and experienced the mud there you can live with anything that the weather in staffordshire throws at you. Ive just got back from Y-not festival over near derby and we had heavy rain friday night and saturday and the site was completly brown deep mud everywhere usually at a festival when it rains you can get out your tent with your trainers on and sit down outside your tent until you need to head down to the arena but this was something else. Still was an awsome experience so i dont care what the weather is like at V. Bring your worst mother nature.

Yup been at V last 3 years and glasto last 3 years and others here and there and the mud at V last year didnt bother me. The problem that glasto has is the grounds clay based and so if you get serious rain it is an absolutle nightmare to move. I mean it didnt rain that much this year but people were still loosing their footwear. Yeah there was alot of mud at V last year but it didnt bother me as i had something worse to compare it to, and i was camped in green and had to walk through orange.

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/event_...asp?eventID=207

There you have it folks, bring enough suncream so that the 660°c heat doesn't literally scorch your skin off, big enough wellies to withstand the thirty-eight million mm of rain we'll be getting, and a tent strong enough so that you get a decent nights sleep in the 468mph wind.

;)

• 2 weeks later...

Download is always a scorcher

The Weather was lovely on the Thursday and Friday last year at Staff, I got sun burnt, can't beleive how much it changed, My legs were killing me with tryin to walk and keep my wellies from being sucked off in the mud at the same time, It does not bother me, I liked the rain on the Saturday after coming out of the Chemical Brothers. The rain in 2007 was awful it was actually hurting as it was hitting us in the face.