Imaginary Sessions Stage Line-Up

Guest dansandman

When I read that the Sessions stage wasn't happening this year I was gutted. It was a great little shelter from the rain between bands where you could find a few little known gems. Saw One Eskimo last year and was suitably impressed so looking forward to see them again this year.

Anyhoo, before I heard the stage wasn't happening I'd been thinking who I'd like to see this year. Below is who I had my fingers crossed for, they're some of my favourite little known acts and would have all made great additions. I've included myspace links for those who fancy checking them out...

Liam Frost- www.myspace.com/listentoliamfrost

Some may have seen him a few years back in the Union tent. This guy has more talent in his little finger than... well... a really fat talented person has in their whole body. Amazing guitarist, amazing lyricist, amazing singer. His second album's out on September the 28th so would have been great timing for a festie appearence. The new stuff sounds even better than his first album and out of all the below artist. Out of everyone in this list he's the one I'd urge people to listen to most. Simply brilliant.

Hope&Social- www.myspace.com/hopeandsocial

Formally Four Day Hombre, they renamed themselves a year or so ago after a slight change in musical direction. Just 'did a Radiohead' by releasing their album as a pay what you want release. Their live shows are amazing (especially if they bring the kazoos to hand out), they're capable of varying from some intensely energetic songs to some beautiful heartfelt tracks ('Living A Lie' and 'Looking For Answers' respectively are prime examples). Their album is well worth spending a penny on (and the rest) to download.

Winchell Riots- www.myspace.com/thewinchellriots

Another band with a name change (and a slight line up change). Formally Fell City Girl, was blown away by their 'Swim' ep and their output since the name change has consistently got better and better. They're currently unsigned and most of the recording out their are in demo stage but some proper recordings are on the way.

Nomad Jones- www.myspace.com/nomadjones

Don't know a great deal about this guy other than that there's an awful lot of promise for him to deliver something special once he gets a label properly behind him. More than just your average singer songwriter, very excited about where he's headed.

Chris T-T- www.myspace.com/christtuk

The ever growing number of Frank Turner fans out there may know him as a regular support act of Frank's. Pretty similar kind of stuff to Mr Turner, but even more political and wittier. Possibly not the sort of person who'd play such a 'commercial' fest as V, but would've made a nice addition.

Boothby Graffoe- www.myspace.com/boothbygraffoe

This guy would have made an amazing addition to the V with his brilliantly hilarious musical standup. Songs like "my friend's polar bear", "that can't be a giraffe because giraffe's can't play harmonicas" and "Don't put that there or it'll fa... oh look" would've brightened up the wettest afternoon.

The Hidden Revolution - www.myspace.com/thehiddenrevolution

Only just discovered these guys supporting the afforementioned Liam Frost, but was suitably impressed. Sound in places like a cross between Muse and Keane (in a good way!). Nightmares is my recommendation if you fancy a listen.

They're all just who I can think of at the mo, hopefully some may find someone new to enjoy. Post your own little known gems here and here's hoping they reinstate the stage next year!

Richard Walters (All At Sea)

Josh Pyke (Sew My Name)

Patrick Watson (Firewood)

All acoustic guitar and vocals (like a million other guys) but these three are particularly good methinks...

(The bit in brackets is one of their song titles in case you wanna seek em out)