Few Questions From A Newbie...

Guest Jen35

Hi all...

Wondered if anyone could offer me their V knowledge with the following...!

Camping in Red this year & wonder what time people recommend getting there on the Friday (I don't want to be setting up next to over flowing smelly portaloos!) ...What time would you recommend being the latest for a decent spot!? Can you pick... or are you allocated as you get there in an orderly Q type situation!?!

Drink policy - can you take booze into the camp site with you (I assume providing its in a plastic bottle it shouldnt be a prob??) Do they search the car on entry!?! ... & what's the arena sercurity/entry like - do they vigilantly search you! I was gonna try my luck drink smuggling!

Also, once you're in the camp site - can you drive in & out (Ie - Mc Donalds breakfast trips etc!) or are you held in the park like some sort of concerntration camp and if you dare leave your not permitted re-entry?

Finally - tickets still haven't arrived (bought from See Tickets).... time to panic or assume the posties on his way?!?!

Thanks! xxxx

Hi

We normally aim to get to Chelmsford about 3pm to avoid the mad mid day rush. We have never had any problems finding a space although be prepared to walk with all your stuff!! You just find somewhere to camp. I would recommend not camping close to toilets, food vendors or the security towers cos all have generators going all night!!

You can take what you like with you into campsite but strict no glass policy and that is all they check your bags for. Decant any spirits into empty squash bottles.

You park your car in the car parks and then walk to campsite which is seperate from main areana. You can leave the campsites and arena at any time to leave site but have never done it myself as loads of food vendors in campsite and we normally take our own bacon etc to make breakfast on stove or disposable BBQ.

Tickets wont arrive until about a week before. Their attempt to stop the tauts!!

Hope this helps, if you need any other information I'll be happy to help.

Have a great time

xx