This years anthem...

Guest Flaminglippy

There was a truly wonderful moment at Download when everyone was on the floor, near us (front right of stage) a couple refused to get on the floor, a bloke & his missus who looked like she really didn't want to be there. After everyone shouting at them to get down they still wouldn't. Once someone threw the first bottle it wasn't long long before she'd been pelted with about a dozen. Bitch got on the floor! ;)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad I'm not the only one..maybe its a Brum thing?? Maybe years of staring at grey drab buildings covered in pigeon shit has heightened our sense of hearing to make up for the visual atrocities that our inflicted on our eyes on a daily basis...

I spent lunchtime today in the Square Peg...if George Lucas had shot the Catina band scene out of Star Wars in there he could have saved a fortune on special effects...

Edited by bekimo

If you're from Burton why are you drinking in the Peg?? I only go in there because I work 30 seconds away...surely there absolute crapholes closer to you you could drink in?? Thats like me going to Blackpool for a pint!

I was in there last week sitting by the window...and this is Gods honest truth...we watched a bloke talking to a bike chained to a tree outside for half an hour...talking to a bike!!! (and not the kind you find on Broad Street...this one had pedals and wheels). It wasnt even his bike!!! (not sure why thats worse but somehow it is...maybe he's had his bike for too long and they have nothing else to discuss)

Its brilliant...sitting in there for lunch is like watching deleted scenes from 'One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest'...and I have never seen so many mispelt tatoos in one place in my life...

Just got a sneaky feeling that Pendulum will be just as huge as Faithless were in 2006, so it will be Slam or possibly Granite for me. Not exactly anthems to sing along too, unless you count Na na nar, na nanar na nar na as singing. ;)

Oh and Lippy you're spot on, Laid is a much better tune than Sit Down. Looking forward to that part of Saturday Biffy, James, Elbow and Snow Patrol. Will be a great 3 or 4 hours.

Hmmm I think Calvin Harris - I'm not alone could be getting sung alot, such a great track

Definitely an OCS song - The Day we Caught the Train

Oasis - take your pick, any of their big one's are anthems

Killers - Dustland Fairytale (I love this one personally!!)

but - I think the main anthems will defo be The Specials - Monkey Man and Ghost Town (oooh so can't wait to see these!)!!!!!

;)

Hmmm I think Calvin Harris - I'm not alone could be getting sung alot, such a great track

Definitely an OCS song - The Day we Caught the Train

Oasis - take your pick, any of their big one's are anthems

Killers - Dustland Fairytale (I love this one personally!!)

but - I think the main anthems will defo be The Specials - Monkey Man and Ghost Town (oooh so can't wait to see these!)!!!!!

;)