Questions from a first-timer

Guest tmcphee

Hey guys,

I won 2 weekend camping tickets for Staffordshire yesterday, completely unexpected so now I'm trying to read up on V festival and make loads of arrangements - would be really helpful if any kind person could help us with a couple of questions! :blink:

1) We can't make it up on the Friday, and have to travel a bit of a way, so we're not going to get on site till around midday on Saturday - will we still be able to find a spot to camp? Any tips on where there might be free ground that late, at Weston Park?

2) Are we free to camp in whatever campsite we like?

3) How long does the shuttle bus from Wolverhampton station to the site take?

4) Roughly how far away from the stages are each other, and the arena to the campsite? Basically, do people just nip around from their tent to one stage to the other, or is there lots of trekking to be done?

5) Can anyone explain the alcohol token thing to me, and how much to drinks usually cost?

Thanks, would really appreciate some help with this :huh: ...can't wait for the festival!

Tom

Hi, Hope this helps -

You should find a spot to camp but I don't think you'll have much choice, the first decent spot you see, get in it as things should be starting to get into full swing by midday.

You can camp wherever you want barring disabled & campervan.

Can't help you on the shuttlebus thing but I'm sure someone else here can

Which other fests have you been to? It's hard to say how far the stages are apart without having a point of reference. The arena & union are quite far from the main stage, the channel 4 stage isn't too bad.

Drinks token's will most likely be aruond £3.30ish each, this gets you a pint of carling, strongbow or a small bottle of alcopop or wine. Get all your tokens as soon as you get there as there's always ques for both the bar & bar tokens at V...god knows why every other fest manages to not have bar ques but V doesn't?

Hey guys,

I won 2 weekend camping tickets for Staffordshire yesterday, completely unexpected so now I'm trying to read up on V festival and make loads of arrangements - would be really helpful if any kind person could help us with a couple of questions! :huh:

1) We can't make it up on the Friday, and have to travel a bit of a way, so we're not going to get on site till around midday on Saturday - will we still be able to find a spot to camp? Any tips on where there might be free ground that late, at Weston Park?

2) Are we free to camp in whatever campsite we like?

3) How long does the shuttle bus from Wolverhampton station to the site take?

4) Roughly how far away from the stages are each other, and the arena to the campsite? Basically, do people just nip around from their tent to one stage to the other, or is there lots of trekking to be done?

5) Can anyone explain the alcohol token thing to me, and how much to drinks usually cost?

Thanks, would really appreciate some help with this :blink: ...can't wait for the festival!

Tom

Great, thanks for those answers... we'll just try and get there as early as we can on the Saturday and hope we can find somewhere free then be in the arena in time for Biffy!

Oh one more thing - is there anywhere at V where you can charge your phone? They had an Orange tent one year at glastonbury, something like that?

If i were u id head for green campsite as its one of the biggest and at the back f the site so u should find a spot in there even if u have to squeeze it inbetween some one elses. Shuttle bus takes about 45 minutes... i had to use it to go home on the sat 2 years ago ;)

hope u have a top weekend!