Weston Park Traffic on Saturday

Guest Virgin-Vees

We cant get down till early AM Saturday (blame the boss cos we do) coming from Nottingham and hoping desperately for hassle free parking and a tidy place to pitch the tent hahahaha we know we won't be that lucky.

But any idea how tough it's going to be for us campers arriving Saturday morning, are we gonna clash with the daytrippers for space? We dont care how far away we have to camp or walk but dont want to spend hours and hours doing either :)

Just a bit of your valuable experience needed please, are we bonkers coming Saturday? :lol:

Id suggest heading for green campsite when u get there as its one of the biggest campsites and tends to fill up the latest. However if u see a spot on your way to green just take it cos im not joking u mate, ur gonna have a ball ache sat morning. Not too sure bout the traffic cos im always in there by friday aft but the guy above says its ok so u might be in luck.

Awwww thanks I just needed to hear from someone that we weren't DOOOOOOOOMED lol. I dunno how many ppl are taking the piss when they say they queued in traffic for 10 hours.....I cant hold my wee in that long :D

Do you know if the carparks open 24hrs, like if we came about 5am maybe??

M54 is fine! Once you turn off, as far as I can remember the A41 isn't bad at all - not compared to Friday anyway. If you're coming from Telford way, you can play it safe by taking the A5 from there which never has any traffic on it at all right up to the roundabout at Weston. I always leave a bit of extra time to be on the safe side but it really isn't bad at all.

M54 is fine! Once you turn off, as far as I can remember the A41 isn't bad at all - not compared to Friday anyway. If you're coming from Telford way, you can play it safe by taking the A5 from there which never has any traffic on it at all right up to the roundabout at Weston. I always leave a bit of extra time to be on the safe side but it really isn't bad at all.