OASIS NOT PLAYING CHEMS

Guest JameSemajj

Oasis have cancelled their headline slot at the Chelmsford leg of the V Festival tonight (August 23) due to singer Liam Gallagher falling ill.

The frontman is suffering from viral laryngitis.

The Manchester band performed last night (August 22) at the Staffordshire leg of the festival, although after that set Noel Gallagher blogged that he too felt unwell, writing: "Don't feel too clever. Outrageous stomach ache. Feel like I'm coming down with summat (sic)".

Tonight's show was due to be Oasis' final UK date of their 'Dig Out Your Soul' world tour.

Oasis were useless at V a couple of years ago as well.

It always amazes me when Liam Gallagher is making headlines for his stroppy attitude that he turns turtle at critical times. Remember the US tour that wasn't?

For somebody who talks out of his arse so much i'm surprised that he couldn't knock out some sort of tune or step back and let his more talented brother do the right thing.

Edited by Tarquin

They were fantastic at Rock Wretcher earlier in the summer.... what can i say, liam is a tard. They aren't speaking to each other after a recent disagreement. They weren't ill, just a pathetic lie. People dream about being in there position. They are ungreatfull thugs.

i love oasis, and i saw them on the saturday at v (was the main reason i went to be honest) and i personally thought they were AMAZING! it does say on the news and on websites that liam is ill and has viral something or other... although... my friends cousin was out in birmingham saturday night and saw them and they were really drunk! her facebook profile picture is her with noel!

Edited by buttercupcake

i love oasis, and i saw them on the saturday at v (was the main reason i went to be honest) and i personally thought they were AMAZING! it does say on the news and on websites that liam is ill and has viral something or other... although... my friends cousin was out in birmingham saturday night and saw them and they were really drunk! her facebook profile picture is her with noel!

Whilst I'm not a doctor, as far as I'm concerned either:

1/ Oasis were crap on the Saturday because Liam was already unwell, or

2/ if they were really as good as some people are claiming, clearly the Laryngitis thing is complete cr@p. I don't think it's possible to go down with laryngitis as quickly as that!

Given Noel claims not to have enjoyed Saturday night, and as they were apparently seen getting bladdered in Birmingham later that night, I think they just couldn't be bothered.

Whatever the reason, V organisers have a lot to be blamed for this year, but not the Oasis cancellation.

Let's just hope they don't do what they did with Amy Winehouse in 2007 and immediately book them again for the following year!!

I thought they were poor at V, virtually no crowd interaction, lots of stops and starts and Liam's voice is shot. Plus he also missed several parts of various songs.

They did seem like they could be bothered and I did say to my mate it wouldn't surprise me if that's the last we'll see of them. Very disappointing for the fans who have paid all that money.

Used to be a big Oasis fan and if that had been like 9 years ago I would have been gutted.

Edited by Cjm

Terrible utter shite band wasn't too close to be fair but i couldnt hear them im glad the most over-rated band of all time are being made to look the idiots they are they havent cared about music/fans for years useless pricks this is a Staffs go-er who stood through them until i couldn't take no more and watched MGMT