Oasis Sound Levels

Guest theramm

I think this was dependant on where you were standing, we were on the right hand side of the stage quite near the front & you could hardly hear it. In between songs everyone was chanting 'Turn it up, turn it up'. Liam said something to the sound booth (which we couldn't hear...could someone please enlighten me?). It was a real shame as Oasis can go either way, put in a spirited performance or sleepwalk through a pay day (Glasto!). They looked like they were giving it their all but it sounded like we could just hear the monitors at the front? Liam was talking to the roadies at the side of the stage & looked really pissed off. When we heard they'd pulled Chelmsford we all assumed it was because of the problems & cited illness as a contractual excuse?

Sound definitely wasnt as good as it was Sunday night. I left Oasis early cus I nearly passed out in the chaos at Lady Gaga. And I needed some water and to check on my mate who had gone back after the Streets. And Icould barely hear Oasis from the hill in Orange. Yet on Sunday night, could hear Killers perfectly. (Yeh, left them early too!!!)

The sound generally is not good at the front..you are behind/level with the main speaker array which is designed to sound best in front and around the sound booth area. Also due to noise regulations festival sound is generally getting quieter.

Having said that I think the Oasis crowd was too big for the sound system setup.

The bands on stage (if using in ear monitoring which i guess Oasis were) will be totally unaware of how it sounds to the crowd.

Natalie Imbruglia's band played half a song before she/they realised that there was no sound out front....they only stopped due to gesturing and boos from the crowd.

I honestly think the reason they pulled Chelmsford is because of the problems they had in Staffs. I'm dying to know what it was Liam said to the sound tent? We saw him point to the right hand side of the stage & mouth 'Turn those f**king speakers up'.

I thought it might have to do with them turning the sound down for the acts on late at night, residential areas etc but people I know said the sound was OK for The Killers?

We could literally talk at nomal volume to each other & converse as if there wasn't a band on at all!