whos thinking of going to european festivals next year?

Guest thetime

Well im giving the uk festivals a big miss next year(maybe v as its on my doorstep) better lineups abroad and more important to me nowadyas better weather, im getting a bit soft in my old age. They are always usually cheaper aswel.

im thinking of roskilde, rock werchter or benniscissm.

anyone else thnking the same.

Yeah...apart from the hassle of getting there and back pretty much have everything going for them...better line-ups, better weather etc etc. My lot are basically gonna wait and see what the line-ups are like before booking this year...the Euro festivals don't seem to sell out as quick so waiting to see which is the most appealing in terms of line-up/price is the way forward...

...in saying that, the fact I can get from the V campsite back to bed within an hour on the Monday morning is still a pretty attractive proposition...

Good thing about European festivals is that they don't seem to stick to the same genre band after band. They'll happily have Wu Tang on the bill with Bowie or something, which is very appealing to me. That and the fact a lot of the hyped UK bands aren't as big over there so you can get to see big bands in smaller venues/tents.

What's interesting about the line-up as well is that so many people were complaining about 2 Many DJ's headling the Arena at V this year, and at this festival they are headlining the Main Stage, with Kings of Leon playing underneath them.

It is funny how a few hundered miles and a border can warrant such a different out look at music.

The only thing I now regret about going to my first euro fest in 2007 is that I wasted the previous two years going to V. Just done Pukkelpop for the third year in a row and you really can't compare it with V - they're worlds apart in terms of organisation, atmosphere and the variety of music on offer. I go with a couple of friends each year and we all said as soon as we got home from the first one that we'd never go to a major UK fest again. It's not cheap though, due largely to the state of the £ against the €, but it's worth every penny.

Take the plunge next summer, you won't regret it :lol: