faithless, faithless, FAITHLESS!

Guest Tugger2k

Surely they're nowhere near popular enough or big enough to headline the other stage? Their star has fallen massively over the last few years. Also opposite U2 they need another grandstand act in the same way the prodge were against Blur otherwise too many will choose the Pyramid. I appreciate a lot of you have great memories of seeing them in previous years, I just don't think they're much of a draw anymore outside the diehards.

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm well up for a bit of Faithless seen as I supposed to be seeing them in the Warehouse Project last month and circumstances meant the tickets had to be sold.

Aren't the Chemical Brothers looking fairly likely to play and you'd assume they'd be an Other Stage headliner? The Strokes are looking a good bet for an Other Stage headliner also.

Would Faithless play below Chemical Brothers possibly instead?

That would be good crowd drawer to take away from Muse/U2 on the Friday (if that's what's happening).

Edited by 1mills

Surely they're nowhere near popular enough or big enough to headline the other stage? Their star has fallen massively over the last few years. Also opposite U2 they need another grandstand act in the same way the prodge were against Blur otherwise too many will choose the Pyramid. I appreciate a lot of you have great memories of seeing them in previous years, I just don't think they're much of a draw anymore outside the diehards.

The Chemical Brothers who I know have done Glasto more than Faithless. But The Chems have previously headlined The Pyramid and you could argue "Their star had fallen massively" when they headlined The Other Stage in 2007 against The Who on The Pyramid Stage the Sunday night.

Yep. Some Glasto logic applies & in my opinion, Faithless nailed on for OTHER Stage headliner when a Rock/Pop act headline Pyramid.

You know it makes sense :P

I guess it just comes down to the fact that I don't like faithless. Maxi Jazz annoys me intensely and their tunes leave me cold. I've loved The Chemical Brothers from the start and think they're infinitely more talented both as producers of tunes and as DJ's. Each to their own I guess.

They haven't played since 2002, but have released 2 studio albums (should be 3 by June 2010) and a greatest hits since. I seem to recall Faithless were supposed to play at Glasto since 2002, but were not happy with either the slot they were offered, or was it to do with the appearence fee. Can anybody clear this up for me?

Faithless were astoundingly good on the Pyramid a few years back, but I'd agree that on record they don't cut the mustard. Last few recordings have been really quite poor as well.

Love myself some Chemicals live and on record, but they do have a habit of occasionally throwing a really dull gig in amongst the good ones. Not quite sure why that is. Sometimes they just really go for the thud-thud-thud-repeat set that doesn't represent what excellent songwriters they are.

Myself I'd really like to see Orbital take the top spot dance wise. But only if Eavo TURNS UP THE VOLUME. Watching them at the Jazz stage was embarrassing. My ipod is louder.

I hope you're right dude. As long as I don't have to make a choice between Faithless & Led Zep/Rolling Stones :P Fingers crossed they clash with Muse, eh? :lol:

It was the slot, not the money. Although obviously the two are related. The better the slot, the money is paid.

But I'm fairly sure it would have been the slot. Although I'm not sure what it was they were offered.

I watched both performances live on TV in 2007 and there was no comparison. As I flicked from The Who who appeared grey, lifeless and just going through the motions to the Chemical Brothers whose sound and light show was a complete assault on the senses, there was no contest for me. The Chem Bros were so much more impressive, even just on TV. I kept flicking back briefly to The Who to see if they had gone up a gear or two but they hadn't and it was as dull as dishwater.

Faithless are in MY humble opinion are probably the best live act i've ever seen and i've seen a lot of live acts..Faithless come into their own when outdoors and i'd recommend them to anyone anytime.If carlsberg did festival bands Faithless would be the band...

Faithless are in MY humble opinion are probably the best live act i've ever seen and i've seen a lot of live acts..Faithless come into their own when outdoors and i'd recommend them to anyone anytime.If carlsberg did festival bands Faithless would be the band...