benicassim 2010

Guest rosiefox

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the replies, I’ve been to Barcelona a few times so might try Valencia for a change, sounds pretty decent. Defo need a bit of time to get the head together after the mental few days, last year we had to hit the road pretty early on the Monday and drive to Madrid to catch our flight home, head was still spinning when we landed in Dublin!

Moorz, Got sorted in the Intur Orange so I'll be joining the 'pasty Irish in the shade' club! Thanks for the advice!

We're staying around till the Tuesday, then it's off to Valencia to fly to Ibiza for another 4 days of drunken debauchery....not sure the liver will take it but hey it's had a good run!

Cheers.

See ya poolside so! We done the opposite last year and spent a few days in Ibiza before Beni but the other way around is defo the way to go.

I rented a car from Barcelona last year but am thinking of getting the train or bus this year, can’t find anything available on the Spanish rail websites. Would they be booked out already or not on sale yet??

st00ka i dont suppose you can remember the names of any nightclubs you went to in Valencia can you? we ended up going out really late and found a really good bar eventually but it closed at about 3am then couldnt find any clubs. Admittedly we didnt try very hard as we were pretty drunk but any suggestions would be very helpful.

So first acts announced, who else would you like to see there?

Benicassim have a history of bookings bands that have played before (Oasis, Franz Ferdinand, Kings of Leon, even though they technically didn't play twice, The Horrors) and on that basis i'm hoping for Arctic Monkeys and The Hives. Also, hoping for The Klaxons, but probably wishful thinking.

So.... Who do you guys want there?

st00ka i dont suppose you can remember the names of any nightclubs you went to in Valencia can you? we ended up going out really late and found a really good bar eventually but it closed at about 3am then couldnt find any clubs. Admittedly we didnt try very hard as we were pretty drunk but any suggestions would be very helpful.

See ya poolside so! We done the opposite last year and spent a few days in Ibiza before Beni but the other way around is defo the way to go.

I rented a car from Barcelona last year but am thinking of getting the train or bus this year, can’t find anything available on the Spanish rail websites. Would they be booked out already or not on sale yet??

Happy days, can't feckin wait for Beni and Biza! Had been doing the Oxegen thing for a few years but decided last year that the shite weather and good few dodgy punters in the crowd is just not worth it any more....still probably hit Electric Picnic this year though, damn fine festival!

We're looking at renting a car ourselves from Barca airport on the Thursday but it's looking pretty pricey, some quotes are 200 bucks for a Ford Ka (not one for the husky gent) for 5 days. How much did you pay last year if you don't mind me asking?

Danger-Man I'd be all over the Foo Fighters, Muse, The Doves, Elbow, Kings of Leon, Mumford and Sons and perhaps even Arcade Fire (a bit of wishful thinking in there but you asked who I'd like to see!) and maybe a little Daft Punk, Massive Attack, Crystal Castles and Royskopp to keep herself happy as well!!!

Cheers.

I reckon there's a good chance of Muse playing, or even Green Day (god no, please, no). Also Mumford & Sons are a possibilty i reckon, on the 2nd stage. Did you catch Elbow last year? I thought they were really good, doubt it would be two years in a row though.

Anybody have any idea when the next batch of announcements are due?

Happy days, can't feckin wait for Beni and Biza! Had been doing the Oxegen thing for a few years but decided last year that the shite weather and good few dodgy punters in the crowd is just not worth it any more....still probably hit Electric Picnic this year though, damn fine festival!

We're looking at renting a car ourselves from Barca airport on the Thursday but it's looking pretty pricey, some quotes are 200 bucks for a Ford Ka (not one for the husky gent) for 5 days. How much did you pay last year if you don't mind me asking?

Yeah there's http://www.barracamusic.com near the beach if you are into techno, there's Pacha Valencia, in the Barrio del Carmen there's Radio City which is full of backpackers and plays a mixture of music and another one called Discoteca Venial I think which looks like empty shop from the outside but goes down into a sweaty basement full of Valencian ladies dancing to obscure 80's records (or at least it was the time I found myself in there).

There are also some big open air terraces around the seafront but I haven't been to those.

There are a couple of English language whats on guides in Valencia which I picked up in a record shop.

Thanks for the hotel suggestions folks. We've booked into Hotel Orange for some sleep and air con in preparation for some beni madness each evening.

Our plan is to hit Valencia for a few days, go to beni then barca for a night or so. Should be fun, better keep an eye out for train tickets.

The first lineup announcement wasn't the most exciting in the world but certainly not the worst- plenty more to come! Should be a great alternative to the muck heap that was Oxegen 09 haha. Good times though.

This'll be the first Benicassim for my friends and myself. Aftr having been to Reading for four years, I'm really looking forward to something completely different! Having read as much as I can online about Beni and asked a few people I know who've already been it looks like it's going to be awesome.

The first announcement, however, I must say I'm not too impressed with- although I would like to see The Specials and catch a bit of Kasabian. What I'm really hoping for is The Strokes, if they play- then the rest of the line up could be something awful playing on a loop for days on end and I'd be happy.

Either way. Bring on the sun!

Due to the fact Bono will be there and it not having a proper washout (its overdue by now surely??) i've decided to sack in glastonbury for some 30degrees sunshine and beach action in Benicassim.

Hoping Kings of Leon will decide to come back after the hurricane last year, along with The Strokes and JayZ :P Maybe even Them Crooked Vultures??

Viva Espana :P

Due to the fact Bono will be there and it not having a proper washout (its overdue by now surely??) i've decided to sack in glastonbury for some 30degrees sunshine and beach action in Benicassim.

Hoping Kings of Leon will decide to come back after the hurricane last year, along with The Strokes and JayZ :P Maybe even Them Crooked Vultures??

Viva Espana :P

• 2 weeks later...

We went for the 1st time last year & foolishly camped! Unless you condition yourself for 6 months by sleeping in a fan assisted oven, don't even contemplate camping.

Oh come on!! I camped for a week last year and had absolutely no problems at all, yes we woke up pretty hot in the mornings but then just went to the freezing cold showers, had a nice freshly squeezed orange juice and then headed to the beach and all was forgotten. You didn't spend all day in yout tent did you?? because yes of course it was roasting during the day!