rumours page

Guest petewilson09

To be honest you have different levels, the TBC and Strong rumours usually appear when Neil has heard something and they're not always right, Bloc Party were down last year as a strong rumour and then played Reading and Leeds again

But the rumour is theres a rumour who knows if its going to happen, basically Ramstein have been put up on the Download rumours page because we all think it might happen as they're playing Rock AM Ring the week before, I think at this point I think an arguement could be made to start to list some rumours in the theres a chance they may play catogory

After all as it says it may happen, it may not.

And I would put Florence and the Machine on that list, I think they're nailed on

i missed out on v last year beacuse of work and after 6 years of going i didnt miss it and i dont know why. its going to take something very special to get me back and Ramstein would be it. however i dont think they are the sort of band that the v organisers would book. i think we will end up with arctic monkeys, kasabian, razorlight and one big name that will keep everyone guessing untillthe lineup is out.

The names banded around here the likes of Kasabian, Stereoponics, Arctic Monkeys, Florence and the machine. How can V Festival go from great live headline acts like The Killers and Oasis to that pile of rubbish!

MUSE would be perfect but I can really see them doing Glastonbury.

Yeah, true. It was so bad on the Sunday Starsailor were taking the piss about the rest of the days line-up (except for the Specials, naturally!)

Pretty sure we'll get the Arctics and one from Coldplay/REM (hopefully Foo's but reckon they'll do Reading) though...that would probably gte me back with some decent bands on the rest of the bill...

Bunny you're spot on.

I wish there was a festival out there which was a smaller scale version of the old V

It surely would do enough business, Summer Sundae kind of does it, but it books many obscure acts and shit headliners, I've been twice and they've had great headliners like Elbow and Gomez who are cult favourutes and then Divine Comedy, The Zutons and The Streets, they aren't enough of a cult act to get the fans in IMO

Supergrass, Shed Seven, Travis, Gomez, The Futureheads mixed with The Cribs, Biffy Clyro, Frank Turner then add some quality dance acts like Hot Chip, Delphic, Underworld, Infadels

Mid sized acts playing a smaller festival and Id be happy, I say it over and over again, theres a market for this type of festival and no-one is doing it, and I can't understand why

Aim it at the type of folks who used to go to V and are now loved up with sum kids and make it kid friendly and book sum classic indie with some great current artists, keep the costs down and make it family friendly. I really can't see why this hasn't happened, I don't need the obscure acts or the artsy fartsy added costs that Lattitude has, just a field with band and plently of space for people to chill in.

Im sure that at Staffs more than one festival could be run there a year, and do one in the school holidays near the start, so its away from V and use the same area but limit it to around 30,000 people and just have 1 open stage and a tent or two, you can have all the sponsored tents, whatever, but it wouldn't be anywhere near as crowded and they would still make a profit because you wouldn't be paying the large fees for the acts.

Seriously why is there only one festival at the Staffs site a year?

Edited by luckysalt