best performance('s) youve ever seen at v?

Guest rhysieg

i know theres bound to have been loads of this thread in the past, so this is the post v09 best performance ever. the rules (not really rules but you know) are simples, basically think up all the bands youve seen at v, there is bound to be one that sticks out as being amazingly good, post it hear, which v it was and why. although you can bend the rules as you wish, maybe even putting best band from each year or putting numerous bands from one year as they were amazing. its up to you, but in short, just name 1 (or more) great performances from v. wow that was long winded and could probably be shortened down a hell of a lot, but im so tired.

Kasabian - v06 & 07. sticks out a LOT in my mind, both times were unbelievable, the band members themselves are twats, but they make brilliant music. probably one of my favourite bands.

Muse - v08 - is there need of an explanation? new born was probably my favourite song of the set. although it was all amazing. gutted they didnt do muscle museum.

Pendulum - v09 - most manic crowd ive ever seen at v, everyone was up for it and it was a blast and a half, when they made the whole field sit down and jump up when the music kicked back in, magnefique.

an honorable mention goes to the killers from this year aswell, i honestly wasent expecting much, they were poor in 07, yet they have really progressed as a live band and were actually enjoyable. cheers for the randomer who shoved a bottle of poppers up my nose, i took the biggest sniff ever, and everything went black, i couldent see. i then nearly hit the floor (my mate kept me up) then 2 minutes later i was bouncing around again. best sniff of poppers ever, even the crusty nose was acceptable afterwards. :P

This is a tough one - mainly because I can't remember all the years!!!!!

These are the one's which really stick out :

Badly Drawn Boy - V2002 (I think) - Headling the Arena. Best one yet!! Great crowd, great set, Damon was fantastically entertaining - songs and story telling of the highest order!!

The Prodigy - V2005 (??) - Headling the second stage. Most energetic performance I can recall (at a festival).

Foo Fighters - I think it was 2003 or 2004, Main Stage - I remember they played before Coldplay. First time I ever saw them and worth the wait - remember they started with All My Life.

Stereophonics - V99 - played before Suede on the Main Stage, remember that clear enough!! Only two albums under their belts so set was an absolute belter!

Magic Numbers - probably around V2004 or 2005 - they played the second stage mid afternoon and were fantastic.

That's five to be going with!!

Ive seen TONS of great performances at V's over the years, The reasons were they were on form and nbelted out the tunes! heres 5 from each year Ive been

Muse

JJ72

Shed Seven

Foo Fighters

Idlewild

The Prodigy

The Music

The Hives

Doves

Super Furry Animals

Morrissey

Radiohead

Faithless

We Are Scientists

The Feeling

Foo Fighters Acoustic

Manic Street Preachers

Juilette and The Licks

Happy Mondays

Editors

The Verve

Alanis Morrisette

Calvin Harris

Travis

Alphabeat

Biffy Clyro

Oasis

Human League

The Specials

Dizzee Rascal

struggling to think,

prob be,

03, Queens of the stoneage.

The Music, The Hives and Prodigy what a blinding end to a festival that was.

06, I'm struggling but Radiohead

07, Cant remember anyone being amazing so I'll say Iggy and the Stooges were good

08, Chemical Brothers owned the tent

09, struggling again, I'll say the Specials but they wern't a touch on thier Glasto set.

• 2 weeks later...

Well from the year's that i've been....

2006 - Radiohead, first festival i'd ever been to, and what a headliner to have.

2007 - Foo Fighters, brilliant performance. Nearly got Ko'd to "All My Life" at the end.

2008 - Muse, this one stands out for me. The whole set was perfect.

2009 - Pendulum - Crazy. The most energetic crowd i've experienced at V.