Things that annoy you ?

Guest swede

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Playing Devil's Advocate here, but what benefits do such plaques bring? Do they prevent terrorism in the future? Do they bring comfort to the families? Or do they just serve as a reminder that sometimes people are utter bastards?

I'm not saying they're a bad thing, just questioning what positives come from them.

There's a road sign shrine near me that includes a bike and loads of wreaths of flowers. The mother has been in the local newspaper saying she's going to keep the shrine going. Fortunately people are OK with it being on the High St (or seem to be so far). I don't think that's the same perception that all people have towards shrines though ( I seem to remember reading about this way back). I don't mind them. Who knows what actions an individual needs to take in order to cope with sudden loss.

I understand what you are saying but I think there are far too many more important things to worry about though. What problem is a few withered wreaths lashed to a lamp post when there's so much litter flying about the place for example.

Hearring this: "As a parent if my children joined the army I would be so proud"

It made my blood boil in rage more than anything in a long time. Parents should have their kids taken off them for saying shit like that.

Edited by Purple Monkey

Hearring this: "As a parent if my children joined the army I would be so proud"

It made my blood boil in rage more than anything in a long time. Parents should have their kids taken off them for saying shit like that.