Things that annoy you ?

Guest swede

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was with them three years and was in a managerial position.I was effectively micro-managed out due to a returning manager from maternity leave.It hasn't been said but i'm not stupid and realize the chain of events and his reason's behind it.

I don't think i'm going to take it further though as after looking around the job market there is loads of stuff out there that with my CV i can walk into and i grew to dispise the company that fired me,i had just been too lazy to look for alternative employment.

I'm going to use my line manager as a reference for all future jobs and say i quit due to unsociable hours,working 80 hours a week and a lack of compassion on their behalf when i asked for time off due to family emergancy.

I had the worst day at college today.

My mates were ripping the piss out of me because I'm a huge fan of the Pixies, apparently they have a "Gay Name" therefore are immediately crap. It was fine to start off with but they just kept on taking a piss.

Then my other mate kept on taking the piss out of me because he isn't popular with most people in our class and they were all laughing at him.

I hope they apologise tommorow for being a bunch of w*nkers. Sorry if this sounds really petty, I can take banter but they need to learn when a joke has gone too far.

My mates were ripping the piss out of me because I'm a huge fan of the Pixies, apparently they have a "Gay Name" therefore are immediately crap. It was fine to start off with but they just kept on taking a piss.

Then my other mate kept on taking the piss out of me because he isn't popular with most people in our class and they were all laughing at him.

I hope they apologise tommorow for being a bunch of w*nkers. Sorry if this sounds really petty, I can take banter but they need to learn when a joke has gone too far.

All I can do is shake my head. f**king retards, and anyone that joins in is totally culpable. Says more about them than it does you mate :P I had an unusual surname that was a magnet for people taking the piss (even in my 30's). People need to do it to feel better about themselves for some reason.

Chin up .

Cheers Guys :P

I think I'm going to see how tommorow goes and hopefully they will all apoligise to me and hopefully they will have learned their lesson when a joke goes too far.

I'm thinking of putting together a Pixies covers band, I found out that the guy that was interested in doing it couldn't play any instruments :P. But I reckon I would make a good Black Francis, Carl, whatever his name is! The day was made better by managing to buy tickets to see Dinosaur Jr at the Shephards Bush Empire, last day of their tour! Cannot bloody wait!!

Was back in college today and it seemed like a normal day, everyone was OK with me and I think they learned their lesson.

Although one lass made a comment about seeing the pixies at IOW (she did attend, I saw the wristband and everything). Apparently "They were crap and the bassist was obviously drunk!". The funny thing is that Kim Deal is actually a recovered alcoholic and forces the other bandmates to drink Non Alcoholic beer when they go on tour :P

Was back in college today and it seemed like a normal day, everyone was OK with me and I think they learned their lesson.

Although one lass made a comment about seeing the pixies at IOW (she did attend, I saw the wristband and everything). Apparently "They were crap and the bassist was obviously drunk!". The funny thing is that Kim Deal is actually a recovered alcoholic and forces the other bandmates to drink Non Alcoholic beer when they go on tour :P

Pixies are a fan-band imo. If that makes any sense. I saw them in 2004 with a bunch of college mates and they all thought they were shit but i loved it. Maybe it was the festival thing though because we saw them in Amsterdam last year and everyone, fan or not, loved them.

If it turns out you are, next time ask them if you can have two because you need one spare in case one runs out. I did and still only got charged one prescription. I've been asthmatic for years and they never told me I could get two on one prescription :P

What are your symptoms??

Lots of coughs which last ages and get worse when i climb hills or carry shopping and I'm not very good at doing the push volume tests! Got to do those morning and night for 2 weeks now, bet I'll remember that when I stumble in from a drunken night out...

Which colour/kind of inhalor have they given you? If it's the blue one (salbutamol) you should only really take it when you have symptoms (it's a reliever), unless the doctor has said to take it morning and night. If it's a brown one then that is a preventer and should indeed be taken whenever they have specified.

It sounds like you have similar asthma to mine. Mine is caused by aerobic activity and by quick changes in air temperature (i.e. when you leave a central heated house on a cold day).

It won't matter if you miss a dose whichever type of inhalor you have been given :P

If you've been told to use it when you need it then you shouldn't really use it every morning and night.....unless, of course, that's when you need it.

I felt silly using mine at first too but you get used to it.

If you've been told to use it when you need it then you shouldn't really use it every morning and night.....unless, of course, that's when you need it.

I felt silly using mine at first too but you get used to it.

Having an attack is far more embarrassing. Trust me on that :P

Some people don't have to use their inhalor very much at all, but it's important to make sure you've always got one handy even if you don't need it all the time. Sometimes attacks can happen with seemingly nothing to set them off and being caught out can be dangerous. Take care.