Things that annoy you ?

Guest swede

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a fan of attention seekers, particularly those who are totally context-insensitive, or worse still, passive attention seekers; people who have got it down to a fine art that they no longer have to try or think about anything else, the spotlight tends to fall on them regardless. If the room is quiet, I don't want to hear you eating like a cement mixer. If you are in a cinema, shut the f*ck up, for just a couple of hours. It's not hard. It's possibly the easiest thing in the world. Do nothing. Say nothing. Eat nothing. Watch the film and then resume normal bodily functions outside. You'd be forgiven for thinking this would require ninja-like physical skill and dexterity, what with the apparently increasing amount of walking abortions we share our cinemas with finding "sitting still in a dark room for a bit" to be f*cking impossible.

Not too fond of pointless celebrities like footballers and popstars (whose sole purpose is to turn people's brains into lumpy custard) being treated like kings while firefighters and nurses wallow on pitiful pay for effectively saving people from death.

The vast majority of current politics and religion and it's increasing irrelevance in today's world. Scrap the corrupt and emotionally crippled middle management, and replace them with artists, philosophers, mathematicians and scientists; people who can actually think and lead and are fit to be deemed inspirational. But that "wouldn't work in the real world", as the boring, grey, dullard that knows everything likes to remind us time and time again, despite never having proof.

Can't say I'm totally enamourred with the genuinely petty nature of the general British populace - the kind of attitude that likes to jealously mock those with intelligence because "no-one likes a smart alec" while at the same time finding the inhuman capacity to quickly despise anyone that shows even a lick of imperfect knowledge. If a person knows more than them in a given subject, that person is a know-it-all. If a person knows less than them in a given subject, they're a moron. What happened to simply aspiring to simply know and understand more and to share it? What happened to respecting those that did that? Since when did making excuses to compensate for inadequancy become the dominant British way of thinking?

"This town needs an enema!!!"

Edited by Purple Monkey

Overtaking on the left is no more dangerous than overtaking on the right - the bloke in the middle lane isn't moving anywhere anyway. Id say it is infinitely more dangerous to have everyone shunted out into the outside lane because some arse is hogging the middle one - that is why the western section of the M25 and parts of the M42 tell you to stay in lane and go with the flow of the traffic in your lane, regardless of whatever other lanes are doing.

Thats because of the congestion you get in those areas. The signs dont say undertake - they say stay in lane. Chaning lane in congestion just causes more congestion. However undertaking on a clear carageway is danderouse because its harder to see, and you dont expect, cars on your left as oposed to your right.

Why would it be in the highway code if its not danderouse?

I think it depends on the amount of traffic around. If its buisy then it will be more danderouse, and cause more congestion, to move across and over take then its safer to undertake. But if the carrageway is fairly empty then its dandrouse and lazy to undertake - also makes more of a point if you go all the way round them like that they may realise there being a dick...

Not a fan of attention seekers, particularly those who are totally context-insensitive, or worse still, passive attention seekers; people who have got it down to a fine art that they no longer have to try or think about anything else, the spotlight tends to fall on them regardless. If the room is quiet, I don't want to hear you eating like a cement mixer. If you are in a cinema, shut the f*ck up, for just a couple of hours. It's not hard. It's possibly the easiest thing in the world. Do nothing. Say nothing. Eat nothing. Watch the film and then resume normal bodily functions outside. You'd be forgiven for thinking this would require ninja-like physical skill and dexterity, what with the apparently increasing amount of walking abortions we share our cinemas with finding "sitting still in a dark room for a bit" to be f*cking impossible.

Not too fond of pointless celebrities like footballers and popstars (whose sole purpose is to turn people's brains into lumpy custard) being treated like kings while firefighters and nurses wallow on pitiful pay for effectively saving people from death.

The vast majority of current politics and religion and it's increasing irrelevance in today's world. Scrap the corrupt and emotionally crippled middle management, and replace them with artists, philosophers, mathematicians and scientists; people who can actually think and lead and are fit to be deemed inspirational. But that "wouldn't work in the real world", as the boring, grey, dullard that knows everything likes to remind us time and time again, despite never having proof.

Can't say I'm totally enamourred with the genuinely petty nature of the general British populace - the kind of attitude that likes to jealously mock those with intelligence because "no-one likes a smart alec" while at the same time finding the inhuman capacity to quickly despise anyone that shows even a lick of imperfect knowledge. If a person knows more than them in a given subject, that person is a know-it-all. If a person knows less than them in a given subject, they're a moron. What happened to simply aspiring to simply know and understand more and to share it? What happened to respecting those that did that? Since when did making excuses to compensate for inadequancy become the dominant British way of thinking?

"This town needs an enema!!!"

-People who sit on chairs at festivals, or people who sit near the front at festivals... MOVE!!!!

-Scene kids

-Hardcore dancers

-Kasabian, Oasis and The Enemy.

-People who tell you to move in crowds because you're too tall.

-Hangovers - why, just why?

-Stuck up girls who have no time for anyone.

i just hate a lot of people in general.....example from today:

i live in poole where there is a railway crossing going through the high street. when a train wants to pass, the barriers come down so you have to wait a couple of minutes. many stupid and inpatient people normally run across when the alarms ring because they dont want to wait two minutes. today i was crossing it - i was carrying a f**king heavy bookcase i had just bought in argos and was already struggling with it. whilst i was crossing, the alarms went off to signal a train - a bunch of stupid chavs pushed me out the way knocking the bookcase out of my hands into a massive puddle and then had the nerve to shout at me telling me i was in the way :P:P i hate people who have no manners :P

thankfully a very kind and helpful man saw what happened and helped me carry the bookcase back to my car for me.

Having enjoyed the M25 M3 and A303 in the rain today, I'm slightly peeved with slowbies in the middle (or in some cases, 5th fastest out of 6 lanes on the M25) and feel that safish undertaking is sometimes the way forward. Generally after a period of waiting to see if they'll exit from their mid-lane slumber first.

Don't see however that undertaking or going the right way round makes any difference to the mid-laner. Can;t remember a time when one such has decided to move lanes in response to me.

Having enjoyed the M25 M3 and A303 in the rain today, I'm slightly peeved with slowbies in the middle (or in some cases, 5th fastest out of 6 lanes on the M25) and feel that safish undertaking is sometimes the way forward. Generally after a period of waiting to see if they'll exit from their mid-lane slumber first.

Don't see however that undertaking or going the right way round makes any difference to the mid-laner. Can;t remember a time when one such has decided to move lanes in response to me.

hahahaha good thread!

mmmmmmmmmmm!

people who just stop infront of you in the street, dont bother to move....relatives...tooooo much! errrrr....Gordon Brown's lips twitching...George Bush junior and senior, arrrrrrrggggggggggggg flipping eck!!!!!! Miss marple and the terrible predicable story lines...Bergerac in midsommer murders and how there any people left in such a small place?! Over zealous christians happy clappers, sorry but nah! you cant keep blaming your sh*t on on someone else, you do sh*t it's your problem, we all have lessons to learn. mmmmmmm wot else?! mmmm mainly George Bush!

oh yes and credit card companies who send you cheques and offer you bank transfers then dont put the dosh thru! grrrrrrrrrr!

UK banks in general seem to be going crazy over this one. Brits are by far the most likely ones to get their cards rejected in my hotel. Probably more than everyone else together. Luckily most seem to carry about 5 cards so they can finally get one to work. And in most cases this is after telling the banks they are going ontheir holidays and so not to worry when all these transactions start coming in from NZ.