Why so long for announcement?

Guest redmad1971

Every year we are just about the last festival to find out who's gonna be playing. Why is this, when most of the other major festivals have their headliners (or at least definite?maybes) in place often before Xmas. It seems all the big acts get picked for other festivals and V gets whats left, like a fat kid gets picked last for the football team.

Come on organisers pull your fingers out, you've got a massive, dedicated following who attend year in year out. Or maybe that is the problem.

Every year we are just about the last festival to find out who's gonna be playing. Why is this, when most of the other major festivals have their headliners (or at least definite?maybes) in place often before Xmas. It seems all the big acts get picked for other festivals and V gets whats left, like a fat kid gets picked last for the football team.

Come on organisers pull your fingers out, you've got a massive, dedicated following who attend year in year out. Or maybe that is the problem.

I don't understand what you mean more fun? You mean silent disco? Woooooo the excitement. There's as much to do at v than there is at leeds!

Leeds is a v with better bands, simple. Does get my goat people thinking leeds is a wonderful festival, its the same as v a gig in a field.

If you want a festival with a real festival feel go to glasto, lattitude, bestival etc etc not bloody leeds. Oh and yes I have been to leeds! This year and countless times.

TBH it really depends who you go with, as the madness with friends at the campsite is one of the highlights of going to V for me as we camp and go with great crowd....

V had the worst lineup this year for me yet it was my best one yet due to the people I went with :P

I've been to Leeds several times and don't really think its that much better V after hours tbh but they do get better bands shame the good majority of ungrateful scensters who just go to be seen seeing a band tend to ruin Leeds for me esp this year....