something DISTURBING from Wiki.

Guest tweemo freak

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw him at Glasto and wasn't that impressed. Think the majority of the crowd went to see what all the fuss was about and imagine it would be the same at Rockness. Would prefer if they used the money that it would cost to bring him on another 2 or 3 good dance acts.

When was the last time T had a hip hop headliner or act that has sold that much?

Anyway we have had all manners of genres for Kelis to Placebo, ceilidh groups to dance groups. It is already mixed up although I do agree it should remain mainly dance but having Jay Z headline wouldn't make it less dance as he is only 1 act.

He's probably not booked to play but maybe the organisers are looking for acts that will help them sell more tickets this year. Not sure how close it has been to selling out in recent years but if they make the sight bigger with Aracdia etc then they will want to sell more tickets. Unfortunately dance orientated festivals in Scotland can struggle unless covering a number of genres and thats why I think the Indie acts are just as important at Rockness although not always my cup of tea. Someone like Jay Z could maybe add another couple of thousand ticket sales at least.

He's probably not booked to play but maybe the organisers are looking for acts that will help them sell more tickets this year. Not sure how close it has been to selling out in recent years but if they make the sight bigger with Aracdia etc then they will want to sell more tickets. Unfortunately dance orientated festivals in Scotland can struggle unless covering a number of genres and thats why I think the Indie acts are just as important at Rockness although not always my cup of tea. Someone like Jay Z could maybe add another couple of thousand ticket sales at least.

yeah defo.

mind you with the right advertising, and if places and nights such as cab vol, sub club, snafu, death disco, pressure and colours really get behind the style of music you could see the market in scotland for the type of music dramatically increase.

dunno how close it has been to selling out previously. i presume it would have had over 20,000 last year yeah?

cant see it being far of selling out anyway

Also, i like lots of balck acts. Maxim from The Prodigy is black and one of the greatest showmen ,vocalists and stage presences EVER! Also Carl Cox, Kele from Bloc Party and Benji Webb from Skindred (Ragga Metal! Weird but interesting) are all ace 2

Doesn't really add much but this is on wikipedia-;"The Strokes have been confirmed to headline the event, meaning they will perform on either Friday 11 or Sunday 13 June, due to their performance the same weekend as headliners of the Isle of Wight Festival."

Doesn't really add much but this is on wikipedia-;"The Strokes have been confirmed to headline the event, meaning they will perform on either Friday 11 or Sunday 13 June, due to their performance the same weekend as headliners of the Isle of Wight Festival."