• Depends who else is on

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i really couldnt care whos bigger leftfield are amazing i cant wait for this :P

p.s leftfield will blow the frenchies set away .... :P:P

Edited by Discobadger

We can debate who will get the larger crowd, we won't know until Leftfield play but how anybody can say they are bigger than Daft Punk is beyond me.

Regardless of personal taste Daft Punk have had multi platinum, international album sales, countless international number 1s and chart singles, been in/mentioned in films/cartoons/adverts/games, had samples been used in succesful songs(Kanye West anyone?), won grammys and other awards and even their non studio albums are succesful.

I honestly cannot think of another dance act that has such cross over appeal and such varied, widespread success. Some people have clouded judgement if you ask me! :P

Edited by BenchBuddah

We can debate who will get the larger crowd, we won't know until Leftfield play but how anybody can say they are bigger than Daft Punk is beyond me.

Regardless of personal taste Daft Punk have had multi platinum, international album sales, countless international number 1s and chart singles, been in/mentioned in films/cartoons/adverts/games, had samples been used in succesful songs(Kanye West anyone?), won grammys and other awards and even their non studio albums are succesful.

I honestly cannot think of another dance act that has such cross over appeal and such varied, widespread success. Some people have clouded judgement if you ask me! :P

I'm saying I cannot see how anybody can say Leftfield are bigger(they have 2 votes!), when they clearly are not. It may be about music for you, then fair enough that's who you prefer but because of sales etc it shows Daft Punk are bigger. Fact.

Not arguing who is better as that is totally subjective, I personally prefer Boys Noize and Vitalic over them both but wouldn't go claiming them to bigger than Daft Punk!

I'm saying I cannot see how anybody can say Leftfield are bigger(they have 2 votes!), when they clearly are not. It may be about music for you, then fair enough that's who you prefer but because of sales etc it shows Daft Punk are bigger. Fact.

Not arguing who is better as that is totally subjective, I personally prefer Boys Noize and Vitalic over them both but wouldn't go claiming them to bigger than Daft Punk!

It appears I went with the majority on all 3.

Daft Punk are CLEARLY bigger (a hell of alot more commercial) sometimes thats good sometimes it isnt.

I think for RockNess getting an act like Leftfield is a biggie, and shows its intent to not yield to mainstream music. I personally thought it Might end up a mainstream festival with The Prodigy and Basement Jaxx headlining last year.

One more thing. I think Leftfield playing RockNess is bigger than Kraftwerk playing Bestival.

Thats not to say Bestival won't nick Leftfield too.

Back to Disco and Benchbuddahs debate. I think it will be busy. But 12-15000 busy, I'm not sure. . .

Depends what else is on.

That tent for Daft Punk held 12,000 (safely) considering it wasnt done in the safest manner and had to be opened out I would add at least 5,000 to that number.

One of my mates that was there said the sweat condensed on the roof of the tent and dripped back down on the crowd (that is an INSANELY packed tent)

One more thing. I think Leftfield playing RockNess is bigger than Kraftwerk playing Bestival.

Back to Disco and Benchbuddahs debate. I think it will be busy. But 12-15000 busy, I'm not sure. . .

Depends what else is on.

That tent for Daft Punk held 12,000 (safely) considering it wasnt done in the safest manner and had to be opened out I would add at least 5,000 to that number.

One of my mates that was there said the sweat condensed on the roof of the tent and dripped back down on the crowd (that is an INSANELY packed tent)

Depends what else is on.

Depends what else is on.