• Leftfield
  2. 2. Who will have the bigger crowd?

• Daft Punk
    • Leftfield
  3. 3. Will you be seeing Leftfield?

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends who else is on

tbh, leftfield pioneered the genre and daft punk built on it to become the kings so i reckon no one would disagree that rockness, in the space of 3 years is going to have had the original dance crossover band, leftfield, play, ASWELL as the most succesfull "child" of that type of music, daft punk

some achievement if u ask me for a dance festival

Edited by Discobadger

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What Rex is saying is exactly what I said.....

Daft Punk have not only massive selling albums and singles but have been in cartoons, films and games. Mentioned in countless others. You put an image up of Daft Punk in their robot outfits and everybody knows who it is(Stigs musical cousins :P), how many of you could honestly say you know what Leftfield look like? Infact there are very few DJs faces the public at large could name. I've even seen Daft Punk toy models ffs!

Their the closest thing to The Simpsons DJs can get if you ask me haha

Daft Punk have not only massive selling albums and singles but have been in cartoons, films and games. Mentioned in countless others. You put an image up of Daft Punk in their robot outfits and everybody knows who it is(Stigs musical cousins :P), how many of you could honestly say you know what Leftfield look like? Infact there are very few DJs faces the public at large could name. I've even seen Daft Punk toy models ffs!

leftfeild is all about the music bench enough said ... :P

so if you like them for daft cartoons and comparing them to the simpsons then you just won my point from what you said on your post....its all about the music not daft gimicks .. :P

So the Beatles being in movies makes them less musicians? :P The BIGGEST music acts aren't just about the music but are counter culture icons.
Edited by Discobadger

im not agreeing with ya im just giving up coz yous are talking mince .. :P

ok so daft punks set was prob brill for all the kiddies coz they have f**k all to compare it with ....ive seen ten times better sets ...f**k even vitalics set last year in the o2 would have crapped all over daft punks sooo who gives a shite if everyone knows who they are doesnt mean the best in the world infact tells me that there mains stream( give me a genre defing group anyday) if there being compared to the simpsons and have dolls made for them ...excuse me while i throw up :P

You put an image up of Daft Punk in their robot outfits and everybody knows who it is(Stigs musical cousins :P), how many of you could honestly say you know what Leftfield look like? Infact there are very few DJs faces the public at large could name. I've even seen Daft Punk toy models ffs!

So what do Daft Punk look like ?? How do u know when u go to see them its the same cpl of guys each time PRESSING a button to play their set........In fact everyone I'm gonna stand in my local park wae a helmet on my head and press play on my daft punk cd, same thing at the end of the day lol whos coming to see them play then lol :P:lol:

So what do Daft Punk look like ?? How do u know when u go to see them its the same cpl of guys each time PRESSING a button to play their set........In fact everyone I'm gonna stand in my local park wae a helmet on my head and press play on my daft punk cd, same thing at the end of the day lol whos coming to see them play then lol :P:P

So what do Daft Punk look like ?? How do u know when u go to see them its the same cpl of guys each time PRESSING a button to play their set........In fact everyone I'm gonna stand in my local park wae a helmet on my head and press play on my daft punk cd, same thing at the end of the day lol whos coming to see them play then lol :P:P

Well I doubt Daft Punk turn upto the festival in those suits. They would have to have a wee meet and great before hand so I'm sure the organisers would actually see them and know it's them. Also don't think they would be allowed to play unless it was them, wouldn't that be false advertisement?

As to what they look like, irrelevant. People know the space suits and know it's Daft Punk. Very few dance acts have that instant recognisability.