IOW festival crossovers

Guest thedementedpoppet

I know this has been covered in threads , but not as a topic in its own right.

Strokes and friendly fires (I suspect they will be at rockness on the saturday supporting the headline or in the tent opposite it) we already know are making the trip up here, but they do have quite a few decent acts that might also pop up? florence, mr hudson, spandex ballet, vampire weekend, biffy (please oh please) oh and james.

Ps really love the IOW website and the way acts are added to slots, please take note rockness website people

I know this has been covered in threads , but not as a topic in its own right.

Strokes and friendly fires (I suspect they will be at rockness on the saturday supporting the headline or in the tent opposite it) we already know are making the trip up here, but they do have quite a few decent acts that might also pop up? florence, mr hudson, spandex ballet, vampire weekend, biffy (please oh please) oh and james.

Ps really love the IOW website and the way acts are added to slots, please take note rockness website people

I made the mistake of seeing calvin harris play in inverness and the highlight(it was not hard) was mr hudson, while I ponder unneccesarily... mr huson collaborated with Jay Z and havent the rockness organisers talked about pushing limits (not disimilar to glastonbury two years ago?), so maybe we have the strokes on friday, Leftfield sat and Jay-Z on sunday? A line up of that stature could not possibly happen in Inverness, could it?

I cant help but notice a change of tone about calvin, there was a fair share of venom about his signing last time, I personally was all for him. I was not particularly impressed at Rockness and saw him at the Ironworks late last year, a venue he should have shone in. His interactions reminded me of some twisted exercise regime... make some noise, put your hands in the air, make some noise......... he was equally repetitive with his orientation yes i know it is monday night.. I know I'm in Inverness. I got the feelining that he was going through the motion and that his music desreved a little more personality/effort to make it sound like anything more than a greatest hits mix tape. Subsequently will not be overly excited if he does appear and would prefer that more effort is made from the organisers to introduce new acts to the benefits of the mad highland crowd

I cant help but notice a change of tone about calvin, there was a fair share of venom about his signing last time, I personally was all for him. I was not particularly impressed at Rockness and saw him at the Ironworks late last year, a venue he should have shone in. His interactions reminded me of some twisted exercise regime... make some noise, put your hands in the air, make some noise......... he was equally repetitive with his orientation yes i know it is monday night.. I know I'm in Inverness. I got the feelining that he was going through the motion and that his music desreved a little more personality/effort to make it sound like anything more than a greatest hits mix tape. Subsequently will not be overly excited if he does appear and would prefer that more effort is made from the organisers to introduce new acts to the benefits of the mad highland crowd

i would love some of the isle of wight acts at rockness, but it just depends who T in the park make a bid for. i could see florence, mr hudson and vampire weekend all playing T.

hopefully rockness will get calvin harris and hockey. maybe a wee clash headline slot for doves?

the one act i would take from IOW would be blondie. :P

Edited by _rachelbon