LEFTFIELD

Guest toastrack

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly. I reckon Barnes is just being politie and half decent about the whole thing by giving the other guy his place. Really can't wait til June now to be honest. Never saw Leftfield coming for RockNess this year. People can deliberate all they like...I think it's a brilliant announcement and the new electro stuff just announced is first class.

:P:P:P

The show is going to be amazing, it may be minus one member, but if you read the full statement, you can see that he is fired up for the shows and there will be original music and singers....

'Barnes, who formed the group alongside Daley in 1990, said he was looking forward to returning to the road.

“The opportunity to take the band out again once more with the sound system and some of the original singers and perform the songs again to a whole new audience is an opportunity that I simply couldn't turn down,” he said.

“The good will surrounding the live show has overwhelmed me. The expectation is tremendous I simply can't wait to blow everybody away. Literally.”

Source - Gigwise

True true.

Yeah it does leave a little sour taste in the mouth after the excitement of the Leftfield announcement. Hopefully, as you said, the one man show will be just as brilliant :P

Edited by Discobadger

This is tremendous stuff!! Just sorely pissed my neighbours off for listening to Phat Planet louder than I should have done at this time of night but that is an immense recording of their set. Some man for finding that Paul ™.

I saw Leftfield at Barrowlands in April 96. f**k, that makes me feel old. But it was an incredible night. 130 decibel sound system (basically the equivalent of a jet engine from 100 feet away, or strapping a couple of smoke alarms to your napper) in a wee space like that! I saw them again at TITP in 2000, and they were even better. It's gonna be IMMENSE. I don't care if it's only one of them - it's STILL gonna be IMMENSE! I found this wee snippet online......."A Leftfield gig I went to in Bristol remains the loudest thing I’ve ever heard; its diabolical bass resonated in my stomach and skull, and made my brain itch and my ears ring for days. Indeed, the story goes that the first ever Leftfield show, in Amsterdam, came close to being closed for illegal volumes on the sound system. In 1996 the group was banned from ever again playing London’s iconic Brixton Academy, after they made the plaster fall from the ceiling with their cranked-up sound system." :P:P