only half of leftfield actually playing

Guest carpdreamer

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=3109...amp;topic=12501

official announcement:

Reports last week that Leftfield are to return to the live arena this summer can be confirmed. Leftfield are to headline Rockness in June, with further headline festival shows to be announced in the coming weeks. Leftfield are set to be one of the must-see bands of this summer's festival season.

Leading the dance music charge of the early '90s, Leftfield carved a path for a raft of great artists including Underworld, The Chemical Brothers and The Prodigy. Their pioneering debut album 'Leftism' often tops 'Best Dance Album' polls, whilst their live shows are the stuff of legend. Leftfield's live return is an opportunity for everyone to experience one of this country's most influential dance artists.

The sound system returns, but sadly Paul Daley will not. Neil Barnes will undertake these shows without Daley, as he has other recording commitments this summer. Barnes is currently assembling an exciting line-up for these eagerly anticipated shows.

Neil Barnes says: "Leftfield Live was an incredible experience for everyone involved. We really pushed the boat out and created something live that reflected how we felt a real live show should be. Everyone who saw it will know what I mean. The opportunity to take the band out again once more with the sound system and some of the original singers and perform the songs again to a whole new audience is an opportunity that I simply couldn't turn down. The good will surrounding the live show has overwhelmed me. The expectation is tremendous I simply can't wait to blow everybody away. Literally!"

Paul Daley comments: "I'm about to embark on a solo career with the release of my first solo album. I also want to continue concentrating on my DJ'ing work, so I've decided I won't be joining Neil on stage for the Leftfield dates this year. I want to thank all the fans for their past support and all the people who will be hearing and seeing the band for the first time."

it's a bit like having orbital listed, but only one of the brothers turning up, in my opinion...or one of the chemical brothers...should still be good though!

what's everyone else's thoughts on this? should this have been mentioned before?

yeah course i'm still going! 1/2 a leftfield is still 100x better than sitting at home!

plus, frankly, the rest of the line-up is shaping up to be pretty damn good.

never seen fatboy slim live, unlike the rest of you lot :P

saw 2manydjs and soulwax back in 2005, and they were mindblowing.

vitalic, well, say no more! gimme lots of filthy techno and i'll be a happy lad all weekend!

but yeah, this probably should have been mentioned - i might have thought twice about agreeing to be the sole driver from stratford upon avon to loch ness....hahaha

well, the old live band was:

neil barnes on mixing desk

nick rapaccioli on keyboards

paul daley on drums

cheshire cat on the mic (originally did vocals on "chant of a poor man")

so i'd expect to see neil, nick and cheshire cat at least, they've played on all leftfield dates since 1996. maybe another vocalist like djum djum (was on the 1996 tour, did the vocals on "afro-left"), or afrika bambaataa...

anyway, i'm over it now, leftfield are going to be mindblowing. it's like when darren emerson left underworld - i saw them in 2002 on their first tour without darren, and frankly the whole place was going mental.

well, the old live band was:

neil barnes on mixing desk

nick rapaccioli on keyboards

paul daley on drums

cheshire cat on the mic (originally did vocals on "chant of a poor man")

so i'd expect to see neil, nick and cheshire cat at least, they've played on all leftfield dates since 1996. maybe another vocalist like djum djum (was on the 1996 tour, did the vocals on "afro-left"), or afrika bambaataa...

anyway, i'm over it now, leftfield are going to be mindblowing. it's like when darren emerson left underworld - i saw them in 2002 on their first tour without darren, and frankly the whole place was going mental.

Paul Daley is a DJ, he's been DJing for many years. Played Aberdeen recently.

Pretty disappointed with the news to be honest. My concern is that'll be be Barnes on stage pressing "Play" and that'll be the show. Just hope he can get some of the previous collaborators with Leftfield to join him.