JIM KING Q&A (updated)

Guest rory_oh

Hi Jim what would be a perfect icing in the cake for the line up would be to have Aphex Twin which would be extraordinarily fantastic, I wouldnt mind seeing Magnetic Man too if ye can get them. Otherwise still looking forward to this, dying to finish off the dissertation and embrace the summer.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi jim,

sorry if this has been asked/answered, it's hard to keep track of all the questions - are any of the acts already announced headlining the clash tent? if not, can we expect another big dance act to be announced as a clash headliner?

Hi Jim

I was wondering if you could tell me what to expect in the vip camping section as the price for these tickets has gone up quite considerably compared to last year.

Are there going to be more facilities available as last year although there were the posh toilets they were vandalised and then closed all day on sunday and replaced with only 5 portaloo's which lead to huge problems and a lot of complaints from people who couldn't find anything to complain about until this happened.

thanks stevo

Couple more -

Jim,

Why are you using the same headliner every 2 years?

This is a TITP tactic, I thought you were trying to avoid that?

Also -

What is the story with Leftfield regarding Paul Daley not playing? Was that known at time of booking, and if so why was it not announced as several commens from official sources refered to the 'duo' returning

Jim,

Are you going to be booking Thomas Gandey (Cagedbaby) this year ?. As you will know he's been there every year since the start. He's been a great ambassador for RN over the years. Anyone who was at his set in the SoCo tent last year on the Friday night will remember how brillant it was. So please let's have this RN stalwart back again this year.

Holla jim.

Will their be Proper(Those woolen mental clamp ones) wristbands at Rockness this year? I noticed a lot of people last year cutting their Plastic one off.And using Sellotape to put them back on to Obviously Double people into campsite/Arena. Also i would like to keep mine on my wrist with all my others for more than 2 weeks :P.

Hi Jim

I was wondering if you could tell me what to expect in the vip camping section as the price for these tickets has gone up quite considerably compared to last year.

Are there going to be more facilities available as last year although there were the posh toilets they were vandalised and then closed all day on sunday and replaced with only 5 portaloo's which lead to huge problems and a lot of complaints from people who couldn't find anything to complain about until this happened.

Were paying the extra again cos we came up last year with a couple who had never been to a festival before so we thought it'd be a good idea to break them in gently. they were only £160 last year and we didn't have to pay for parking. so the little extra for a nice clean throne and showers for the ladies was easily worth it.

Going again with the same people this year and maybe a few others and we've all got plenty of money so why not pay extra? Had a great time in the vip camp last year and met loadsa really sound people, you also get into the vip area at the side of the main stage were there are smaller ques for toilets and beer.

Hope that answers your question dude!!

Jim, what beer and wine do you have on sale? (I can check myself if they are vegi if I know what they are, not all beer and wine are and like I said I don't want to bring loadsa packaging with me if I don't have to).

Thanks for answering the food question.

I appreciate the time you take to answer these q's.

Jim,

last year we were in vip next to the tipi campsite, they had a good amount of facilities in there which VIP campers were not allowed access to, will this be the case this year as there only seemed to be a handful of the tents occupied in that area and made it look like each person had a toilet each ha ha just wondered if VIP campers were allowed in as its all contained within the VIP area

thanks

Yay

Is it to late to ask another?:P

You answered my question about healthier options to eat this year already, but i'd just like to ask if that will be including veggie/vegan options? Rock Ness is the only festival i've been to which didn't have the options for me, and you did in 2008 (i can't remember about 2007). It would just be nice to not have to leave the festival to head home for food again :P

Thanks