RockNess Memories

Guest RVM1989

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any one agree that the BBC should make a better effort on the footage this year to help us remember the memories?

I think with Annie Mac, Rob Da Bank involved they should go in the direction of showcasing the acts the mainstream public aren't so aware of rather than the Jo Wiley/Edith Bowman/Grimmy related coverage where all we'd get would be stuff from the sets from FatBoy Slim, Strokes, Enter Shikari, the Doves and Ian Brown.

Even if it's just web-based stuff I'm sure none of us mind watching the vids on our comp as I can understand BBC might not be keen to dedicate hours of footage for TV time on a young festival.

Ive had many good memories at rockness but the friday night in 2008 (my first experience of rockness) was amazing for me! Spent most of the night in bollywood, no idea who was on, went a bit overboard in all aspects and all i can really remember was a banging remix of "Lets All chant" by the Michael Zager band! Ive never been able to find a half decent version of it tho, its all clubland esq remixes on youtube! Can anyone help me?
Edited by Festie--Follower

06- Fatboy Slim

07-Daft Punk,Manic Street Preachers (only saw some), Automatic (shut up they were entertaining,Monster has been waaaaaaaaaay over played but it fit's with Nessie and Rockness!)

08-The View, CSS, Editors (I liked the start of Razorlight but Johnny Borrel's ego was so big that it crushed the good side ): . )

09- The Flaming Lips, Blood Red Shoes (barly knew any songs and still loved that set!), Biffy Clyro, Placebo, The Prodigy.

Everyone else that i've seen was also good. Except 4 Just Jack :P:P

Forgot about Mylo in 08...was pleasantly surprised at how good he was!

Glad someone else mentioned Funk D'Void on the Friday last year, he was feckin outstanding, tune after tune!!

Hope the Soma arena is back on the Friday this year.