Something to get you in the mood for festivaling

Guest pothead pixie

A nice archival look at Irelands very first dance music festival in 1999 at Mosley. typical of the period probably around July or August, its pouring rain, but you can visibly see that this is still a big buzz.

Oddly very eclectic and rebellious for the Irish broadcaster RTEs standards, as they simply never show this kind of stuff anymore. Saying that Im a traditional musician as well, so they serve me well with copious amounts of the aul trad. anyway enjoy. Duration 25 minutes. Some of the people in it look as rough as hell, a predecessor to the Oxegen nut lol

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5587479662417440145#

Edited by pothead pixie

Odd that there is no comments about this. Sorry if I went off topic, seeing as this is the RockNess forum.

But I just wanted to show ya the festival prototype, that has become, if you like, the Rock Ness and Electric Picnics of the festival world. That special emphasis is placed on the dance acts, although there is a mixture of rock music too, Electric Picnic also catering for older music fans by including classic old reggae acts like Toots and the Maytals (2005), Lee Scratch Perry (2006), Easy Star All-Stars (2007) and the Congos (2008). The Wailers (2009). EP also included famous Krautrock acts such as Kraftwerk, Faust etc. Well hopefully you enjoyed this 25 - 26 minute clip, odd how most of the djs are still knocking about, with Orbital last year at both RockNess and EP.