What's wrong with Glastonbury?

Guest dingbat2

It surely can't be that difficult - they should be able to transfer a ticket to another person who is on the database. You refund the original purchaser and charge the new purchaser. People would still only be allowed one ticket per registration - true, a tout could in theory sell a ticket on and get a "behind the scenes" payment but it would be pretty tricky for anyone to buy more than one ticket and make a good profit from it.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one and only major problem with the Festival is the private security firms, they are bunch of bad, bad, bad bellends.

The police in my experience are relaxed and even handed, this is not true of the security persons who are jumped up little arseholes. They are thieving bullying twerps

The one and only major problem with the Festival is the private security firms, they are bunch of bad, bad, bad bellends.

The police in my experience are relaxed and even handed, this is not true of the security persons who are jumped up little arseholes. They are thieving bullying twerps

there were loads of stories last year about them being really heavy handed on people

yes, they were technically breaking the law, but the security have no right to manhandle you, rob you of illegals, and then go off and partake of your illegals later.

just wrong.

there were loads of stories last year about them being really heavy handed on people

yes, they were technically breaking the law, but the security have no right to manhandle you, rob you of illegals, and then go off and partake of your illegals later.

just wrong.

Regarding security people do not help themselves sometimes !

How many times have they had to hold the traffic up at PGC cos a vehicle is blasting down the

lane for some people to ignore security and just try and walk across !

And I had to chuckle one year when a woman was arguing at security cos in each of his hands the

security guy had a very large bread knife and a huge glass jar of mayo.

In a way I sort of thank her for that , cos I just walked past with things I whould not have had

either !

:P

Regarding security people do not help themselves sometimes !

How many times have they had to hold the traffic up at PGC cos a vehicle is blasting down the

lane for some people to ignore security and just try and walk across !

And I had to chuckle one year when a woman was arguing at security cos in each of his hands the

security guy had a very large bread knife and a huge glass jar of mayo.

In a way I sort of thank her for that , cos I just walked past with things I whould not have had

either !

:P

If only your ultra simple view of the World was all that they did. In fact they also like f**king around with people who are minding their own business and endangering no-one at all.

This is the same 'doing nothing wrong then you have nothing to fear' argument you get from the database state brigade in New Labour and it is a complete pile of shit.

Bottom line is there is very little need for Police on site these days (unless you want to bring the ultra successful War on Drugs into Glasto) and they would often be better focusing their attention on some of the activities of security!

I suppose some do join the 'fashion parade' and spend a fortune on Hunter wellies especially for the festivals......However please don't tar us all with the same brush! Spending everyday on a farm I bought my Hunter wellies about 10 years ago and they're the most trusty comfy wellies I have ever worn! They're wrecked but they do the job, I still wear them everyday and I intend to wear them everyday at Glasto (and not to be a sheep) :P

So what? My best mate is a copper in Dublin, big f**king deal. The point is many laws aren't about 'keeping you safe' - they are about limiting your freedom (even in areas where you are harming no-one but yourself). I'm not saying 'kill the pigs' I'm just suggesting they are barely necessary at what is eesentially the biggest peace festival in the world AND they should focus on 'keeping you safe' rather than bsuting people doing their own thing.

Many cops take the job because they enjoy having power over people, beleive me I know lots of them. If your brother is an angel that's nice - I don't think you'd suggest all cops are like him?

Personally, I like seeing the Police around the place as it makes me feel safer, especially with the spat of tent thieves that hit our and many other camps in 2008.
Edited by Buddhafish

In 20 years of attending I've never seen a copper in the act of catching a tent thief. I'm not saying they don't do it, but I've never seen it. They would much rather spend time confiscating weed off teenagers. It's safer and keeps their arrest targets up.

<ducks>

edit: spelling