To Rockness or not?

Guest kal

Planning to only going to one festival this summer. Question is, which festival gets my pennies?

Would like to try Rockness as not only have I never been to Scotland before but the likes of The Strokes and 2manyDjs make it stand out from other festivals.

The line up so far sounds brilliant but not sure what to expect from any possible new announcements? Is this a dance festival ala Creamfields, more indie, or a happy combination of both?

a mix of dance and indie rock really, but leaning alot more towards dance. Are there any other festivals you're considering? it's a great festival, this will be my 3rd year and 2nd year where I've bought my ticket without even knowing the line up! It's got everything you could want from a festival, and most of all, everyone is friendly (save a few little neds setting tents on fire and telling the police it was us...) never seen a fight there either, thats just occurred to me!

a mix of dance and indie rock really, but leaning alot more towards dance. Are there any other festivals you're considering? it's a great festival, this will be my 3rd year and 2nd year where I've bought my ticket without even knowing the line up! It's got everything you could want from a festival, and most of all, everyone is friendly (save a few little neds setting tents on fire and telling the police it was us...) never seen a fight there either, thats just occurred to me!

haha yeah those neds were little c**ts, would have loved to get a hold of them! Thats the only trouble I've ever experienced though! How would you be getting there? will be a beastly journey on a bus (having got the bus to creamfields and I get the bus to rockness)

You won't regret Rockness, that's for sure!

haha yeah those neds were little c**ts, would have loved to get a hold of them! Thats the only trouble I've ever experienced though! How would you be getting there? will be a beastly journey on a bus (having got the bus to creamfields and I get the bus to rockness)

You won't regret Rockness, that's for sure!

Planning to only going to one festival this summer. Question is, which festival gets my pennies?

Would like to try Rockness as not only have I never been to Scotland before but the likes of The Strokes and 2manyDjs make it stand out from other festivals.

The line up so far sounds brilliant but not sure what to expect from any possible new announcements? Is this a dance festival ala Creamfields, more indie, or a happy combination of both?

This thread is making me even more excited now. It's my first Rockness this year and can't wait! Should be a cracking weekend from the things I've heard. Will be my tenth time at a festival but my first in Scotland!

i really can't reccommend rockness enough... it is amazing. you're guaranteed a good time.

the majority of the line up is made up of dance acts, but there are a few bands playing aswell.

loads of different stages and bars with dj's playing, so there's always something good on.

great choice of food and drink, plenty of entertainment after the bands finish.

really nice, friendly atmosphere. the crowd are totally up for it, but it has a really chilled out feel to it aswell.

it's quite small so easy enough to get around the site and see everything.

IT'S THE MOST FUN YOU'LL HAVE IN SCOTLAND, I LOVE ROCKNESS. :P:P:P

dug out this post i made before last year's festival, a wee description of the festival for any newcomers. :P

the nesstival area in the arena is open til 4am friday and saturday, and 2am sunday. there's plenty to do in there. last year there was the rizla bus which had some dj's on, the bollywood bar (i was in there loads, it was great) the soco social bar and plenty food and drink places.

can't take your own drink in there though.

the selection of food and drink is some of the best i've seen at a festival. they have the argyle food place which is much bigger than the one at T. they also have a haggis van.

best selection of booze i've seen. the usual cider and beer, plus spirits and mixer, bacardi breezers, real ale bar, coctails, pimms.

plenty of stages aswell. there's the main stage, clash tent, soulwax tent (which i think will be replaced by something else this year) sunday best tent, the unsigned bands tent, myspace bus, plus the soco social bar and rizla bus which both had dj's on, not sure if they will be back this year but i think they will be replaced with something else if they're not back this year.

frendliest festival i've been to. you get talking to so many people.

the toilets last year were the cleanest toilets i've seen at a festival. there were staff there all the time cleaning them, putting toilet roll in and picking up any rubbish.

the arena and campsite are both really small. it's a five minute walk from your tent to the arena and it is so easy to find your way around.