Next Announcements?

Guest pothead pixie

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God knows but last year they were buggers and just treacled out the acts in little batches.

Can't decide what I prefer, a big mofo of an announcement like T or dribs n drabs as Jim seems to prefer.

Obviously we all want to know who's playing but at least the d'n'd method keeps the forum lively and keeps your hopes alive that the one act you really want might still be announced.

Does seem to have been a quit of late tho, hopefully something next week to get the juices flowing.

If I had a festival I'd try and release say 20 at the start and the rest in batches of at least 10. Keeps the momentum going no?

Or even 5, but an announcement of 2 with 1 already known is a bit much.

Then again none of us really know the politics involved do we? Maybe the bands are looking for the announcements smaller to get a little bit more media. Maybe things fall through and Jim can't say. Who knows.

But wouldn't mind another few announced soon. Line up looks shit hot and can only imagine it getting better.

After seeing Guetta at the Arches i'm even more gutted T have him :P was definetly not as cheesy as I expected it to be a few of the well known tunes in for good the measure the rest was nice filthy electro house with a few excellent remixes and mashups as well.

As for this thing about acts etc. I think dribs and drabs are good in the aspect the keep the hype going and keep us all talking and speculating... I personally usually tell my friends i'm trying to persuade whenever there is the possability or rumour going about on here.

In the same respect after so many of these wee announcements it would be nice to have a big one especially with all the hype around the T line up atm.

We had quite a few more non-dance acts last year (I wouldn't call most of the following "indie"), such as:

The Flaming Lips

The Aliens

Super Furry Animals

Alabama 3

Detroit Social Club

Frightened Rabbit

The King Blues

Wave Machines

Biffy Clyro

Placebo

The Complete Stone Roses

Burn The Negative

We had quite a few more non-dance acts last year (I wouldn't call most of the following "indie"), such as:

The Flaming Lips

The Aliens

Super Furry Animals

Alabama 3

Detroit Social Club

Frightened Rabbit

The King Blues

Wave Machines

Biffy Clyro

Placebo

The Complete Stone Roses

Burn The Negative

true... hadn't actually realised how many there were from last year.

in comparison i suppose there could be a few more (minor) non dance acts.

friendly fires

enter shikari

dan le sac vs scroobius pip

strokes

doves

vampire weekend

hadouken

btw kowalski... have u ever posted on ultimate-guitar.com??? :P random bt a found a guitar tab by a guy called kowalski lol

i reckon weve had all the indie announcements... strokes, ian brown, doves, vampire weekend.

what u think?

I dont mind the indie acts playing because i know they have to to sell more tickets and im actually reeli lookin forward to the doves :P