Tents..

Guest outlinereality

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I bit the bullet and bought this one, it arrived over the weekend and I put it up on Monday for the first time. Now bearing in mind It was the first time I had done it, and also (shameless self plug) I ran the London Marathon on Sunday so couldn't really bend over or in fact move properly it went up really well!

I put it up on my own and it took (not including pegging groundsheet because I forgot to check the time) 9 minutes to put up and 13 minutes (including packing away into bag with groundsheet)

I'm going to have another go tomorrow and see if I can perfect it.

I wasn't sure about it, but I bought it, and the verdict is in.

IT IS FU**ING INCREDIBLE!!!! Such an amazing good sized tent, really easy to put up/take down and seems pretty sturdy. And it is just so comfortable!! I love it, and I love tents!!

HOORAH!

IT IS FU**ING INCREDIBLE

HOORAH!

Well i hold the pair of you responsible for the 70 mile round trip i've just done to my 'local' Decathlon...

I'm now the proud owner of a Quechua Base Seconds 4.1, and you're right, it ROCKS :P

The guy in the shop gave me a demo, he had it set up in just over 1 minute and back in the bag 4 minutes later :P

Guest musiclove123
Well I bit the bullet and bought this one, it arrived over the weekend and I put it up on Monday for the first time. Now bearing in mind It was the first time I had done it, and also (shameless self plug) I ran the London Marathon on Sunday so couldn't really bend over or in fact move properly it went up really well!

I put it up on my own and it took (not including pegging groundsheet because I forgot to check the time) 9 minutes to put up and 13 minutes (including packing away into bag with groundsheet) to take down.

I'm going to have another go tomorrow and see if I can perfect it.

I wasn't sure about it, but I bought it, and the verdict is in.

IT IS FU**ING INCREDIBLE!!!! Such an amazing good sized tent, really easy to put up/take down and seems pretty sturdy. And it is just so comfortable!! I love it, and I love tents!!

HOORAH!

Edited by musiclove123

Oooh cool I debated going with that one but chose the 4.2 in the end, but Jodi has that one so between us we are the quechua gang! Isn't it amazing? I really want to see a 4.1 too so I am gonna keep my eyes out for one in action at Glasto. I want to keep putting mine up and taking it down just because it is so damned cool!!

• 2 weeks later...
I just bought this baby. Pop-up heaven.

zoom_asset_20006879.jpg

zoom_asset_20006914.jpg

zoom_asset_21963197.jpg

Quechua Base 4.1 £139.

Ha, i beat it into submission :P

dsc00373as.jpg

To be fair, the second time i did it it was a piece of p*ss

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a 2 Seconds III and I'm considering getting a Base Seconds (the one that attaches to an existing tent -- not one of the new ones that has sleeping compartments) to be a non-gazebo shelter. Mrs H has told me that I've got enough tents (to be fair she's got a point) but I should be able to get away with ordering an appendage to an existing tent.

Is the consensus that they're being discontinued? I can't see them available on the UK Decathlon site but they're still on the French site, currently reduced to €60.

I'm thinking about getting one on eBay where they're £95 delivered. Good idea/bad idea? For the record, I live about 80 miles from the Decathlon so I don't want to go in person.

I've got a 2 Seconds III and I'm considering getting a Base Seconds (the one that attaches to an existing tent -- not one of the new ones that has sleeping compartments) to be a non-gazebo shelter. Mrs H has told me that I've got enough tents (to be fair she's got a point) but I should be able to get away with ordering an appendage to an existing tent.

Is the consensus that they're being discontinued? I can't see them available on the UK Decathlon site but they're still on the French site, currently reduced to €60.

I'm thinking about getting one on eBay where they're £95 delivered. Good idea/bad idea? For the record, I live about 80 miles from the Decathlon so I don't want to go in person.

Yes they are discontinued Halvin. However they are great as a big extension to your tent. The only bad point is that at night when you zip-up your 2 man pop-up you are then seperated from your base. I found that a bit of a security worry.

£95 is a bit steep if you ask me. You would be better spending a little more and just getting the base 4.1. It is bigger and better.

The only fault I find with the base 4.1 is that it only has 1 door. The base full has 2 doors and 2 places for small pop-ups. Which is great for air flow when it is hot in the day or when some bastard puts there tent up in one of your doorways which happened to me last year.

If it was me I would spend £130 for a base 4.1 and get it delivered by decathlon.

I have just bought a 2 seconds III for me and my friend to share at out first ever Glasto. What are your experiences of this tent, good points bad points etc? Will it be roomy enough for us two and all our gear? I put it up briefly and it looked alot smaller than pitched up in Decathlon...maybe cos I didn't peg it down?!

Me and the OH are testing it out in North Wales this wknd so hopefully it will be ok! Also i've been told I may need to waterproof it, is that true?

Thanks for any help! x

I think you've mentioned the reasons I like the old base. I like the fact that it's separated from the the sleeping tent -- I won't be keeping my stuff in there and if I pitch in the right direction I think it'll give me some shade in the morning. I also like the fact that it's got more doors. Like you say, you should get a breeze through.

How does it work? Do you have two sides with doors and two sides which will 'dock' with tents? Or do you have two sides that don't have any openings?