Tents..

Guest outlinereality

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had one of these (well, previous model I suppose, but Eurohike, and looks identical), since 1998, and it's been to every Glasto since. Still going strong.

Now £29.99

Big enough for me, the missus, 2 big rucksacks, booze, wellies, couple of fold-up chairs, etc. And we don't exactly pack light.

http://www.blacks.co.uk/camping/tents/1-2-...uct/094183.html

I'm starting to think about getting this. Have you got it yet? What's it like? I think i'd end up buying a ground sheet for the middle/porch bit.

I'm also a bit worried about the waterproof-ness on the bits (rooms) that zip together. Anyone had any experience with this?

Pitched it this weekend. I've had a similar design Lichfield Arapaho 4 before which was great, no problems with waterproofing. However this one has a raised section in the middle which acts as a vent for hot air. Great in hot weather, although if we were hypothetically to get horizontal rain (I know it's going to be scorching at glastonbury) it might give waterproofing issues. Also I thought I'd read it had two entrances (like the Lichfield) which gave a nice through draft option but there is only one. Definitely need to buy a groundsheet too (which the Lichfield includes). Overall if I had to make my choice again I'd go for another Lichfield.

we're now thinking about just having two separate tents. the one i'm looking at getting is this:

http://www.vango.co.uk/tents/alpha-300.html

It's the vango alpha 300. Does anyone know anything about this? It'll have two of us in it and i've heard that it can be a bit squashed. I've also read that while it's good in strong winds, the porch isn't hugely waterproof (despite the HH of 2000mm). Again, experiences?

The main selling points for me are the light weight and the pretty green/purple colours...

we're now thinking about just having two separate tents. the one i'm looking at getting is this:

http://www.vango.co.uk/tents/alpha-300.html

It's the vango alpha 300. Does anyone know anything about this? It'll have two of us in it and i've heard that it can be a bit squashed. I've also read that while it's good in strong winds, the porch isn't hugely waterproof (despite the HH of 2000mm). Again, experiences?

The main selling points for me are the light weight and the pretty green/purple colours...

I've got a 2 Seconds III and I'm considering getting a Base Seconds (the one that attaches to an existing tent -- not one of the new ones that has sleeping compartments) to be a non-gazebo shelter. Mrs H has told me that I've got enough tents (to be fair she's got a point) but I should be able to get away with ordering an appendage to an existing tent.

Is the consensus that they're being discontinued? I can't see them available on the UK Decathlon site but they're still on the French site, currently reduced to €60.

I'm thinking about getting one on eBay where they're £95 delivered. Good idea/bad idea? For the record, I live about 80 miles from the Decathlon so I don't want to go in person.

Edited by r0cky

I came back here to mention that -- I nearly bought a standard base, which isn't what I want at all. I want the Base Full so all the sides can be opened.

Rather than cutting off the docking flaps, can't you just roll them up? Or does their shape mean that the won't roll all the way? Even if they do roll up, you'd have to figure out a way of keeping them up.

Mine never lasted for more than 3 festivals - poles are too badly made

No you cannot roll them up. They have poles running through them.

In fact the "dock flaps" are the same size as 1 side of the tent and have a long sewn-in pole running around the outside edge to make it ridged. This pole unclips from the side of the flap and is attached to another point on the tent to elivate it.

There is no way to roll it up.

3647998324_8e274f7d4a.jpg