someone give me the lowdown...

Guest smokedup

folk are probably sick of seeing this post but i'm gonna post it again cause i think it gives a good description of the festival. this is referring to rockness 08 but most of it still applies i think.

the nesstival area in the arena is open til 4am friday and saturday, and 2am sunday. there's plenty to do in there. last year there was the rizla bus which had some dj's on, the bollywood bar (i was in there loads, it was great) the soco social bar and plenty food and drink places.

can't take your own drink in there though.

the selection of food and drink is some of the best i've seen at a festival. they have the argyle food place which is much bigger than the one at T. they also have a haggis van.

best selection of booze i've seen. the usual cider and beer, plus spirits and mixer, bacardi breezers, real ale bar, coctails, pimms.

plenty of stages aswell. there's the main stage, clash tent, soulwax tent (which i think will be replaced by something else this year) sunday best tent, the unsigned bands tent, myspace bus, plus the soco social bar and rizla bus which both had dj's on, not sure if they will be back this year but i think they will be replaced with something else if they're not back this year.

frendliest festival i've been to. you get talking to so many people.

the toilets last year were the cleanest toilets i've seen at a festival. there were staff there all the time cleaning them, putting toilet roll in and picking up any rubbish.

the arena and campsite are both really small. it's a five minute walk from your tent to the arena and it is so easy to find your way around.

Here is my own take on it compared with TITP.....

Arena - much smaller than TITP but the most beautiful site I have ever seen, a decent lay out which means you can get between the 4 main stages with ease. Some of the best stages though are the small ones(SOCO/Rizla and this year Arcadia, search it on youtube, it's great). The Bacardi B Bar is similar to Soco, decent, lesser known DJs :P All the usual varied selection of food which includes the local stuff(think it was), with great toasties, strawberries, salmon etc etc

Campsite - again much smaller than TITP but still great. No long walks from drop offs/car parks, decent late night entertainment, beer amnesty(not sure if it is there this year, still to be announced), stunning site and no more than a 5 minute walk to the arena.

Drink Selection - more varied than T. Last year there was the Carling beer amnesty, Carlsberg(?, correct me if I'm wrong), Gaymers cider and pear cider, the whisky bar, Southern Comfort area(SOCO)which did mixes and cocktails, Pimms?(can't remember haha), Tequilla slush puppies?, alcopops etc also because the arena and campsite are so close you can go have a drink at your campsite and be back in your arena within 30 minutes.

Toilets - can't beat the Rockness ones, there were people on them 24/7 who would go in and give them a quick clean after they are used in the arena. In the campsite they were the best I had seen also.

Late Night - the Nesstival area goes on well into the wee hours and has some great stuff on :P

Atmosphere - similar to T in that it has that buzzing atmosphere, however feels 'nicer'(personal view is because it's further away from Glasgow :P). Everybody is friendly, up for random banter etc

Cost - pretty much the same as T but because of the easy access to the varied selection doesn't feel like it is raping your wallet.

Line-up - more suited to me but of course, subjective.

Think that's it covered :( feel free to add efestivalers! :P

map-rockness_09.jpg

*the Purple campsite this year is the 'front row camping'.

39F3BB7F-CBA3-49D7-3EC61BC16635D32E.jpg

IMG_0386.jpg

IMG_0240.jpg

IMG_0239.jpg

IMG_0369.jpg

IMG_0355.jpg

IMG_0350.jpg

IMG_0318.jpg

IMG_0244.jpg

Here is a review from last year that I posted a few days ago :P

/index.php?showtopic=141520">http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/index.p...howtopic=141520

Edited by BenchBuddah

It's the absolute bee's knees.

Atmosphere is amazing, you don't even have to go see any acts and you can still have a superb time. There's nothing better than sitting on the top of the hill at the main stage, looking at the Loch, with people all around you, attempting to climb the flag polls and rolling down the hill.

SOCO tent is a must, it was totally rammed on the friday night, but unlike T where everyone starts to fight or push you about, the vibe is awesome, just folk having a drink and a dance.

I've never seen a fight, or even heard any abuse. Only thing I noticed was a lot of wee bandits stealing stuff from peoples tents, but then you'll get that at every festival.

what can i say! you lot are brilliant and big thanks to BenchBuddah for his effort there :P you lot know how to sell this to people! just need a chat with my brother about it now and should be sorted :P

a couple of things though. what is this beer amnesty you talk of? and also is it worth getting VIP tickets and what do you get for the extra cash?

thanks again you lot :P

what can i say! you lot are brilliant and big thanks to BenchBuddah for his effort there :P you lot know how to sell this to people! just need a chat with my brother about it now and should be sorted :P

a couple of things though. what is this beer amnesty you talk of? and also is it worth getting VIP tickets and what do you get for the extra cash?

Edited by _rachelbon

hopefully theres a beer amnesty then thats a great idea. is it VIP camping and is there another bar or something? reason i ask is just lost job and want to treat myself so the extra few £ doesnt bother me unless its really like just chuckin it away. saying that i probably wouldnt camp VIP anyway cos reckon that would be a bit crap, get out there with the masses!

edit... _rachelbon pretty much just answered that. cheers :P

Edited by smokedup

It's all pretty much been coverd in this thread. Regarding acts, there are plenty more to come, so don't be put off by what has been announced. There will be plenty of acts for you to enjoy there. VIP wise, the only benefit is a wee area to chill out, and sit on garden furniture. It has it's own bar, with dj's playing.

My only gripe is since it has moved to the secend weekend in June (so that it doesn't clash with Coloursfest). Is that we have started to get all the wee dicks that would usualy go to that. Hence there has been a few more little theiving gits, and aresholes turning up. But they are really in the minority. 99.9% of the people there are up for the music, and banter.

If you go ? you'll want to go every year, nuff said.

this past has made me very very very VERY excited.

p.s.

i really am excited.

thats what im looking for :P

iv had a mate been twice and cant praise it enough. thing is i like techno and progressive house and to be honest i dont see too much of that going on. im a slam tent veteran and not a lot of that in the lineup. im probably too old but watched those bloody beetroot videos and hated what i saw and dont like justice or digitalism or loads of stuff! will there be a proper mix of electronica or is it all in that kind of vein?