Announcement Tonight

Guest j...rox

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple of quotes off the Facebook announcement:

"Sort it out big announcement my arse, I'd rather eat my own sick than listen to that s**t"

"OMFG,def avoidig this one"

"Jesus effin Christ !!! He's a complete tramp!! Let's move with times hey!! U go to glasto if u want that sort of s**t!!!"

:P

Oh dear.

Although there does seem to be a roughly 50/50 split as to either hating or loving the guy! Better than I was expecting! :P

If you were around last year when he was announced and then pulled out because V pushed him down the bill for Taylor Swift to play above him, there was a huge uproar and V got a absolute shitload of negetive feedback, but respect to them for getting him back this year. Cus they didn't have to at all, and respect to Seasick Steve for agreed to play again.

Smiles all round!

Edited by luckysalt

If you were around last year when he was announced and then pulled out because V pushed him down the bill for Taylor Swift to play above him, there was a huge uproar and V got a absolute shitload of negetive feedback, but respect to them for getting him back this year. Cus they didn't have to at all, and respect to Seasick Steve for agreed to play again.

Smiles all round!

Ahah im getting completly mauled by someone on the fb status who thought the killers were going to be announced tonight.

All i said was "didnt they split for a year?...and they headlined last year so they wouldent play the masin stage again this year".

Cant people be civil about this.

If people dont like him, just go to another stage at the time hes on.

Edited by Nerd

Couple of quotes off the Facebook announcement:

"Sort it out big announcement my arse, I'd rather eat my own sick than listen to that s**t"

"OMFG,def avoidig this one"

"Jesus effin Christ !!! He's a complete tramp!! Let's move with times hey!! U go to glasto if u want that sort of s**t!!!"

:P

Oh dear.

Although there does seem to be a roughly 50/50 split as to either hating or loving the guy! Better than I was expecting! :P

The FB V people must be complete muppets he's probably one of the best musicians on the bill this year and thats despite the fact its a damn good line-up. He's a legend and I love the guy!

Course most of the ones saying ooh he's a tramp will be watching Cheryl Cole mime instead so win win!

Not really listened to SS, but I am more than happy with this announcement. Saves us from another x factor pop act. Gonna check him out I think as I know he gets a lot of good reviews.

However didnt he say he would never play V again after last years mess?

Ahah im getting completly mauled by someone on the fb status who thought the killers were going to be announced tonight.

All i said was "didnt they split for a year?...and they headlined last year so they wouldent play the masin stage again this year".

Cant people be civil about this.

If people dont like him, just go to another stage at the time hes on.

Edited by Flaminglippy

Think it's a good addition (even if it was over-hyped) in line with a lot of good acts this year.

Love the comments on "if McFly or JLS are announced I'm selling my ticket" stuff - that's cutting off your nose to spite your face! It's good to see V seem to be shoving the vast majority of the crap pop into the "Arena" this year - which is good as I usually avoid that place like the plague - especially since they changed the layout at Chelmsford....

I do, however, hear the squeaky wheels of the Seasick Steve bandwagon rolling along again - loaded up with the too cool for school brigade.