The Libertines

Guest readingyid

They're not as big anymore, but they were when they were together. That's why they played third and second from top at festivals, sold out gigs all around the world and had a number one album.

And trust me, as Pete doubters/cynics/haters you are, you've got to realise there's no way he's going to miss out on his £300k.

I hold my hands up I do hate him and I am a complete cynic

He is a publicity monkey, yes he is driven by money, I doubt he even takes the amount of drugs he claims to do, probably just naturally zitty and sticks a jiba in his arm every time there's a policeman about. I think the no show would generate more publicity for him than actually playing. This is a man that wrote himself that we was pushed from pillar to post in Foster care and abused as a child. He had a very loving middle class family. They have a cult following and people go to see the "man" to see if he turns up and buy the music becasue they are told that is what they should be listening too to be cool.

I thought he said himself he was a simple man (he got that right) and was not driven by money and wants to lead a simple life with his cats, awww

He is a publicity monkey, yes he is driven by money, I doubt he even takes the amount of drugs he claims to do, probably just naturally zitty and sticks a jiba in his arm every time there's a policeman about. I think the no show would generate more publicity for him than actually playing. This is a man that wrote himself that we was pushed from pillar to post in Foster care and abused as a child. He had a very loving middle class family. They have a cult following and people go to see the "man" to see if he turns up and buy the music becasue they are told that is what they should be listening too to be cool.

I thought he said himself he was a simple man (he got that right) and was not driven by money and wants to lead a simple life with his cats, awww

like ive siad before pete does alot of work for charity especially a charity close to my heart, love music hate racism.

so hes not all that bad in my book, not a huge fan of his music but hes okay in my book.

but lets face it if he acted like he does in the 60s/70s he would be a bigger icon he is already. people expect there rock stars to behave like vicars nowadays.

whats he actully done? became an addict, robbed of his mate and not much else? hes not actully syd vicious is he?

so when rock stars give all this shit about supporting charities, pete walks the talk.

I have no problem with you hating him or anything like that, but i've never read or heard him say anything of that sort about his family. He's always been more than complimentary about his family and even backed his father when his father refused to speak to him after he became an addict. He was never in foster care because his family are an army family and Peter went all over the place with them. I know a few times he's claimed not to be driven by money but in the reunion press conference he said himself he needs the money just to pay his tax bill.

like ive siad before pete does alot of work for charity especially a charity close to my heart, love music hate racism.

so hes not all that bad in my book, not a huge fan of his music but hes okay in my book.

but lets face it if he acted like he does in the 60s/70s he would be a bigger icon he is already. people expect there rock stars to behave like vicars nowadays.

whats he actully done? became an addict, robbed of his mate and not much else? hes not actully syd vicious is he?

so when rock stars give all this shit about supporting charities, pete walks the talk.

To be fair there are lots of musicians who support LMHR and its a great cause, but lets not idolise Doherty he's a grade A1 muppet. The odd alright tune but he's no Johnny Marr like people make him out to be. He wants to be Jim Morrison but with the charisma of Jim Davidson.

He basically acts up because he thinks that's rock and roll, spitting on the reporter was just again for publicity. It's like someone trying to act like a rock star when they don't get it. Keith Richards has done epic amounts of drugs (allegedly) but is always relatively polite in interviews - why? Because he's famous enough for his playing to not have to act up to get in the paper. Dave Grohl is a rock legend, nicest guy in rock - again doesn't have to act up as has the talent.

Hopefully the next time he spits drink over a girl it'll be while she's being chatted up by Lemmy and he'll have the crap well and truly kicked out of him.

Pete Doherty was in Aflecks Palace in manchester on Saturday, my friend has a shop in there and he asked if he could have a salt and pepper pot set, she told him to f**k right off and pay for it like everyone else.

I have listened to them, I have watched them, I have read books and read forums about them and I think as a Poet (which his fans all claim he is) he is utter shite, his music is OK (not done enough) and live they are bobbins, It is a cult following nothing more