2011 Lineup

Guest Hart Attack

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It won't.

Assuming it's real, I don't think it's much better or worse than most other years. There's plenty I'd be interested in seeing, and it's only the fact that not many of my friends are going which means I probably won't be bothering. The Sunday (Reading) is awful, but then to counter that the Saturday's really strong.

Hm, I was expecting worse. I thought there wouldn't be many bands I like but Sat and Sun seem full with bands I enjoy.

Not the best, but will enjoy the sat and sun.

The Friday on the other hand, is hilariously bad.

Well hey I quite like it. You always get people moaning that its full of landfill indie bollocks, but thats the niche its carved for itself now. Less mainstream than V festival, but leaving the heavier stuff to Download and Sonisphere.

I'm happy enough, i'll find myself camped on the Main Stage for The Strokes day, i like near enough everyband there.

For the MCR day, i'll be seeing Vaccines, White Lies, The Horrors

and for Muse day, i'll be at Muse, Enter shikari, Elbow, Friendly fires, Interpol, Cage the elephant So thats still about 14 bands i wanna see there, so i'm not too sad with that.

Muse

Elbow

Interpol

Enter Shikari

Frank Turner

Taking Back Sunday

Cage The Elephant

The Strokes

Pulp

National

Jimmy Eat World

Seasick Steve

Joy Formiddable

Janes Addiction

Everything Everything

OFWGKTA

Offspring

Deftones

Rise Against

New Found Glory

White Lies

are who i would see.

Tbh its the same every year, everyone on hear bitches about the acts, 99% of people will like the bands playing, and will have an awesome time, the bands will put on an awesome performance, the crowd love it, the band loves it, everyone's happy, then you just have people moaning on here. I dont get it. Me personally, the line up is awesome.

If there is one band on that line up there that people shouldn't be moaning about it's Friendly Fires. Sunday for me is by far the best day, with just

WL on Fri

PD, BBC, 2DCC on Sat

M, ES, FF on Sun

Kept abbreviated so it doesn't get thread deleted.

This is a resoundingly mediocre festival line up, so many boring/obvious repeat bookings! Glad I didn't get Vodafone VIP tickets in the end. There is usually enough at Reading to keep me interested but going on this first announcement, it is very slim pickings indeed. There is nothing on there that makes me go 'wow'! I would like to see The Strokes but I can hold out for the inevitable UK tour. I do like other stuff on there (e.g. Deftones, Rise Against, Taking Back Sunday, Enter Shikari, Muse, Jimmy Eat World) but I have seen most of these recently and the ones I haven't will tour the UK at some point 2011 no doubt. £200+ for that line up is way too much, shame.

so the leeked line up is out. tbh i was never going to get over joyed, about the line up this year simply because we have already known the main acts for months. it is to me at least a weak line up this year with alot of smaller bands seemingly being pushed up and it seems less heavy than other years.

what i can say is, i am happy.... it looks like there will be great variety witch you would expect. i like the sound of MADNESS i have all ways wanted to see them. pete doherty might be good to watch instead of mcr. all in all im pleased and it looks like pigeon detectives are playing.

all so for people who haven't seen ELBOW before, i can tell you they are more rock n roll than you might think. a real dark horse this year, they could very well steal the show from muse on the opening night. :)

Im very 50/50 with this lienup:

Bad:

1) Lack of bands like Dropkick Murphys, Funeral for a friend, mumford and sons etc

2) MCR. 30 Seconds to Mars are a poor attempt at headliner and sub headliner, don't know how you can justify MCR as "staggeringly good"

3) Its all too obvious, no real surprises, bit like V tbh..

4) Don't understand the placing of bands like The National (too high), 2 many dj's (too high) and Friendly Fires (too high)

Good:

1) The inclusion of bands like The Offspring, Enter Shikari, Madness etc

2) There is still the lockup, and by the looks of things one band on each main stage day

3) in reality, its not that bad...

Overall im quite happy with it..

and its not like we haven't being expecting it..

so the leeked line up is out. tbh i was never going to get over joyed, about the line up this year simply because we have already known the main acts for months. it is to me at least a weak line up this year with alot of smaller bands seemingly being pushed up and it seems less heavy than other years.

what i can say is, i am happy.... it looks like there will be great variety witch you would expect. i like the sound of MADNESS i have all ways wanted to see them. pete doherty might be good to watch instead of mcr. all in all im pleased and it looks like pigeon detectives are playing.

all so for people who haven't seen ELBOW before, i can tell you they are more rock n roll than you might think. a real dark horse this year, they could very well steal the show from muse on the opening night. :)