Feeder

Guest John Slater

Basically they're going to be playing most of their side-project called Renegades which has spawned 2 new eps. Their recent gigs have had older songs from Polythene area as well as the new songs, and none of the big well know ones. In essence going back to basics. I imagine their V set will consist of half new and half older and bigger stuff.

OMG Feeder are playing?

I hate Feeder. That's it. It's ruined the whole festival for me. I'm selling my ticket. I'm never going to a V again. *flounces out of the forum and goes in search of tr00 rock* *comes back because she forgot her pen*

Wow, that's quite liberating. I might flounce more often.

been thinking about the hole feeder scenario, and i agree strongly with the point as to why they are so low down? and dito to the magic numbers? just doesnt make sense to me, especially for feeder. So many well known tracks. Surely bigger than passion pit? Dont get me wrong im delighted they're playing, and think its a great way to open the day, but a 30 minute session is no where near long enough, especially if they are going to play new material. Just though id have a quick rant! My Bad

been thinking about the hole feeder scenario, and i agree strongly with the point as to why they are so low down? and dito to the magic numbers? just doesnt make sense to me, especially for feeder. So many well known tracks. Surely bigger than passion pit? Dont get me wrong im delighted they're playing, and think its a great way to open the day, but a 30 minute session is no where near long enough, especially if they are going to play new material. Just though id have a quick rant! My Bad

Anyone saying Feeder are the worst live band they've ever seen is either letting personal taste cloud their objectivity or hasn't seen many bands. They're a pretty tight live act that absolutely ripped it at Leeds in 08', they were 3rd from top (originally 4th from top but Slipknot pulled out). The Download headline spot is misleading though as they were meant to sub but Foo Fighters pulled out last minute to play Wembley shows on their own, leaving Download no choice but to promote the sub-headliner to the top spot.

Strange stage positioning for them though, V have a habit of putting established acts in poor spots. Idlewild in 05'/06' were 1st or 2nd on & got 25 minutes? Mental considering the dross that was on later n the day. IMO Feeder are a safe act to put on mid-afternoon. If the lower bands haven't delivered you know Feeder can play a 50 minute set, thrashing out the hits & getting a crowd going.

With the exception of Bjorn Again / McFly there is normally a safe pair of hands to open the festival and get people going - The Goo Goo Dolls in 2007, The Stranglers 2008, oops moment in 2009 - well actually Bjorn Again have songs everyone knows and now Feeder. It sounds about right.

I can also say Feeder can either be brilliant or go through the motions, it all depends on how up for it they are. I remember seeing them doing a great set, but also have seen them basically rush through their songs when the sound quality was dire.

Anyway should be a good way to start the day shouting CD player player player player... all while drinking cider from an apple instead.