LINE UP!

Guest dan05delaney

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indie-Dance - there are Foals of course, although Spanish Sahara the first single off the new LP is nothing like anything off the debut.

I don't overly like them but Cymbals and Guitars fit that genre too, as do Everything Everything.

also try http://www.myspace.com/egyptianhiphop

I guess Mystery Jets are also bouncy.

Delphic are the major breakthrough of this year though.

I tend to prefer my indie more guitar led so recommend Blood Red Shoes, The National, WAS, These New Puritans off the top of my head that are playing.

Fantastic Line-Up - better than last years

Slightly dissapointed no Arcade Fire but Saturday on the JP stage - Foals followed by Jamie T. It couldn't get any better !!

"When there's no-one left to fight, boye like him don't shine so bright...."

Hadn't caught up with this wonderful news yesterday, so find myself reading the full,line up minus a few gaps and crying. How very very lucky are we who are going.

I have no time for people moaning about the line up, or about clashes. It's not exactly a choice between a rock and a hard place is it?

Indieboy is going to be over the moon Chase and Status announced, but I know will come away from the festival enriched more than ever by the diversity and quality of these acts.

Goes off to find the tissues.

Guest musiclove123
The line up looks OK but I hope more of my fave bands are the TBA's like Coldplay etc. You know, BIG bands. I love that Muse are playing!
Edited by musiclove123

I'm pretty sure that the lineup was released too early. The leaks forced everyone's hands and may, I reckon have scuppered some plans. My feeling is that there were still negotiations going on and people being moved around etc but the sudden need to finalise / release info means some of those have been cut off. It's also led to situations where neames are announced when they didn't know about it.

I'm a bit pissed off, not with the lineup but with the way the info has been managed this year. I think if people hadn't been so antsy about the lineup, there might have been some other names there.

I'm pretty sure that the lineup was released too early. The leaks forced everyone's hands and may, I reckon have scuppered some plans. My feeling is that there were still negotiations going on and people being moved around etc but the sudden need to finalise / release info means some of those have been cut off. It's also led to situations where neames are announced when they didn't know about it.

I'm a bit pissed off, not with the lineup but with the way the info has been managed this year. I think if people hadn't been so antsy about the lineup, there might have been some other names there.