Seen em all....

Guest Pissmagnet

Firstly good evening campers!

Secondly I've seen all the line ups for this years "main" festivals including the imba unreal (yea right) glasto one and although it ain't perfect for everyone( including myself! Get the strokes already! Ohh and aar!!) I think that V is by a mile the best line up this summer. Ok it has it's normal portion of commerical pop bands, but I think it's a good stack all in all!! Now that the line ups are all but complete what do the rest of you guys think???

Secondly I've seen all the line ups for this years "main" festivals including the imba unreal (yea right) glasto one and although it ain't perfect for everyone( including myself! Get the strokes already! Ohh and aar!!) I think that V is by a mile the best line up this summer. Ok it has it's normal portion of commerical pop bands, but I think it's a good stack all in all!! Now that the line ups are all but complete what do the rest of you guys think???

Except for the Saturday Reading is very poor this year...looks like trying to go back to its rock roots but is gonna struggle to compete given the kind of line ups Sonisphere and Download have got this year
Edited by thetime

I've found that there's been a lot of talk about Reading and Leeds just because they've got The Libertines! They're probably the only band that I'd really want to see if I went to Reading. And let's be honest the reliability of Pete Doherty is questionable.

V certainly has more of my sort of music. I like a bit of indie/rock but then the more poppy stuff such as Scouting for Girls and Mika I also enjoy.

When I first saw the TITP lineup I thought it was veery strong just because of Muse really. But compared to last years lineup, it's pretty shocking. Eminiem? If I was there I'd certainly be missing him.

Considering Glasto is 40 I'm a bit disappointed with their bookings. BUUT I'm pretty sure they'll surprise us.

All in all V is the one for me this year. :P

There's bits and bobs from all festivals I'd like to see, weezer being one but some of the others bands aint all that guns n roses I loved but let's be honest it's just roses now, libertines are doing it for the pay day and that's it. And glastos anniversary line up is the shits I think. So while I'd like to pick a few from others to add to the v line up, I personally think v has the strongest line up :P

Edited by Pissmagnet

I've found that there's been a lot of talk about Reading and Leeds just because they've got The Libertines! They're probably the only band that I'd really want to see if I went to Reading. And let's be honest the reliability of Pete Doherty is questionable.

V certainly has more of my sort of music. I like a bit of indie/rock but then the more poppy stuff such as Scouting for Girls and Mika I also enjoy.

When I first saw the TITP lineup I thought it was veery strong just because of Muse really. But compared to last years lineup, it's pretty shocking. Eminiem? If I was there I'd certainly be missing him.

Considering Glasto is 40 I'm a bit disappointed with their bookings. BUUT I'm pretty sure they'll surprise us.

All in all V is the one for me this year. :P

Exactly. To be honest I don't spend that much time at the pyramid stage, I definetly be watching stevie wonder. The smaller stages usually have more acts I want to see.

But as you said most people just see the Glasto main stages acts and judge it on those.

Up till 2 years ago I went to V for 8 years in a row but I noticed that quite alot of the v lineup is similar to 2 years ago.

So i won't be goin back to chelsmford until the lineup suits my tastes abit more.

And Id bet £100 that the killers will headline V next year as they seem to be on a squad rotation. Play 1 then miss the next then back on.

I bet Coldplay and Snow Patrol next year. Coldplay haven't done a UK festival in a long time and V and Glasto next year wouldn't surprise me. Otherwise Radiohead / Green Day / Foos would be the other option and who knows who may be Kasabian size this time next year as we haven't hit the summer yet for big songs? The Killers won't be here for 2 to 3 years I think.