Is this the best line up yet?

Guest Poleski

40 members have voted

1. 1. BEST LINE UP?

2007:

The Chemical Brothers, Daft Punk, Groove Armada, Manic Street Preachers, Soulwax, The Feeling, 2manydj's, Kelis, Erol Alkan

2008:

Fatboy Slim, Razorlight, The View, Underworld, 2manydj's, Editors, The Cribs, Felix Da Housecat, Digitalism, Boys Noize, Annie Mac, Simian Mobile Disco, CSS

2009:

The Flaming Lips, Basement Jaxx, The Prodigy, Placebo, Dizzee Rascal, Biffy Clyro, Orbital, Soulwax, Super Furry Animals, The Wombats, David Guetta, Erol Alkan, Crookers, Pete Tong, Just Jack, Frightened Rabbit, Busy P, Annie Mac

2010:

Fatboy Slim, Leftfield, The Strokes, Pendulum, Aphex Twin, Chase & Status (Live), The Bloody Beetroots, Friendly Fires, Vampire Weekend, Club 75, Blondie, Doves, The Maccabees, Annie Mac, Enter Shikari, Booka Shade, Crystal Castles, Soulwax, Plan B, Boys Noize, 2manydj's, Soulwax, Hot Chip, Green Velvet, Ian Brown, Vitalic, Dave Clarke, Hadouken, Kevin Bridges, Tinie Tempah

In terms of depth I think 2010 is easily the best line up. Okay, it doesn't have the likes of Daft Punk... but it's not as if they were touring this year anyway.

2007:

The Chemical Brothers, Daft Punk, Groove Armada, Justice, Manic Street Preachers, Kelis, The Wombats, Mark Ronson, The Feeling, Soulwax, The Charlatans, The Automatic, The Whip, Shitdisco, The Bees, Dub Pistols, Alabama 3, Freeform Five, 2 Many DJ's, Pull Tiger Tail, 1990s, Levellers, Make Model, Tim Deluxe, People in Planes, BigBang, DJ Yoda, Filthy Dukes, Kissy Sell Out, Erol Alkan, Cagedbaby, Oppenheimer, XX Teens, El Presidente, Jamie Scott & The Town, Trabant, Tiny Dancers, The Draytones, Man Like Me, The Choir, We Are The Physics, Elektrons, Mother and the Addicts, The Cuban Brothers, Optimo, Sergeant, Yousef, 200, Drive By Argument, 2020Soundsystem, Viva Machine, Rob Da Bank, Call To Mind, Kharma 45, The Wallbirds, Figure 5, The Haze, Our Lunar Activities, Theatre Fall, Shutter, Edgar Prais, Bushnut, The Errors, Nathan Detroit, The Side, Luva-Anna, zerox teens and Ultra Mega Technobandið

2008:

Fatboy Slim, Razorlight, Editors, Underworld, Cansei de Ser Sexy, The Crystal Method, Digitalism, Mylo, Simian Mobile Disco, Róisín Murphy, Calvin Harris, The Cribs, The View, Late of the Pier, Felix da Housecat, Soulwax, Mystery Jets, Does It Offend You, Yeah?, The Orb, The Black Ghosts, Noah and the Whale, Midnight Juggernauts, Hercules and Love Affair, Cage the Elephant, Hadouken!, The Twang, Dub Pistols, Layo & Bushwacka!, Pete and The Pirates, Rex the Dog, 2 Many DJ's, Maps, Das Pop, The Dykeenies, Red Light Company, DJ Yoda, Headman, David E. Sugar, Scanners, Broken Records, Cagedbaby, Juno, Radioclit, Pete Tong, Team Waterpolo, Kid Harpoon, Kid Acne, Twin Atlantic, skins, Sunny Day Sets Fire, Pravda, The Lionheart Brothers, Tayo, South Central, Rochelle, The Cuban Brothers, The RGBs, Blah Blah Blah, Greg Wilson, Justin Robertson, Sinden & Count of Monte Cristal, Maurice Fulton, Annie Mac, Zoey Van Goey, Yousef, The Revenge, Spokes, Mexicolas, Reykjavík!, Ny, Annie Nightingale, mz bratt, The Bookhouse Boys, Rob Da Bank, Loose Cannons, Tide, Jackmaster, Jyrojets, Something Sally, Billy Woods, Rory Phillips, Andy Mac, Jocasta Sleeps, Paper Planes, Boom Monk Ben, The Draymin, Our Lunar Activities, Lottie, Eclectic Method, Harri, Be A Familiar, dotjr, MC Verse, Autodisco, caninesounds, Graeme Park, Blonde Ambition, Page 6, OOFT Music, Killer Kitsch, Dicky Trisco, Nathan Detroit, Barry Ashworth, Gallus, Jawa, Eddy Temple Morris, Amnesty DJ's, leatherhead, Tokyoblu, The X Certs, Lowtide Revelry, Iamelectron, phat phil cooper, Rootsystem, RUSs cuban and SCHTUMM DJs

2009:

Placebo, The Prodigy, The Flaming Lips, David Guetta, Basement Jaxx, Orbital, Mylo, The Wombats, Dizzee Rascal, Soulwax, Biffy Clyro, Super Furry Animals, Blood Red Shoes, Just Jack, The Whip, Frightened Rabbit, DJ Mehdi, Busy P, Chase & Status, Crookers, Dub Pistols, Alabama 3, Infadels, Layo & Bushwacka!, Krazy Baldhead, The Black Dog, Sneaky Sound System, Micachu, Dubfire, The Aliens, DJ Yoda, Filthy Dukes, Wave Machines, Tommy Sparks, Chew Lips, The King Blues, Kissy Sell Out, Gruff Rhys, The Count & Sinden, Erol Alkan, Cagedbaby, Alex Metric, Herve, Riton, Scratch Perverts, Funk D'Void, Pete Tong, Official Secrets Act, Brodinski, Baddies, David Shrigley, Andrew Weatherall, The Japanese Popstars, Toddla T, Maelstrom, Magistrates, Mark Henning, The Cuban Brothers, Optimo, Tommy Reilly, Justin Robertson, Octogen, Annie Mac, Yousef, The Revenge, Decimal, Den Haan, Burn The Negative, Detroit Social Club, MC Rage, Subculture, Steve Mason, Jon Carter, Harvey McKay, Jazzie B, Jackmaster, DJ Feadz, Boom Monk Ben, Disco Deviance, firas, Zane Lowe, Mr. Copy, Autodisco, MC Jakes, Special Disco Version with James Murphy and Pat Mahoney, Jaymo and Andy George, The Complete Stone Roses, Killer Kitsch, Clancy, sensu, leatherhead, Kinky AFro, Cotton Cake, Pendulum (DJ Set), Mafro, Heavenly Jukebox and LIVING IN A DISCO

Now what Ive seen on youtube of previous RockNesses, they have all been pretty good, but I think RockNess10 is gonna be a good one. I think the poll would be more relevant after the actual event, as then you can compare the atmosphere. I seen on the Aphex Twin forum that they were slagging RockNess, someone saying the line up was so 2002, so f**k! Go to another fest then.

i know im biased but just to drop in on this one.

2007 had the best act in daft punk with the chemical brothers who are a truly great festival band and i dont think many will argue with that but for me this year's line up is the best by some way.

my reasons are,

- we have much more depth on all the stages than any other year.

- we have acts people in scotland havent seen before such as club 75.

- we have acts that havent toured in this generation such as leftfield.

- we have a really great indie headliner in the strokes and they have really solid support in vampire weekend and doves. i think the sunday main stage is really strong.

- aphex twin performances are few and far between.

- blondie will give us a really great festival set on the sunday to raise any flagging spirits.

- we have added comedy for the first time and kevin bridges is going to be hilarious.

- lastly and most importantly i think we have more choices this year than any other year if there is an act you dont like or think has been at the festival too many times. so if you dont want to see fatboy you have pendulum, dont fancy soulwax you have club 75, dont fancy 2manydjs you have dave clarke. all 3 of these are playing the show for the first time and i think will smash it.

like i said im biased and clearly i accept that there will be differences and that there will be a great debate over this but i think this is great and shows how the rock ness crowd is the best and most informed about music.

please keep the vote topics going as they are great for us to read.

see you all in about 6 weeks.

jim

ps i'll be answering latest batch of questions over next couple of days.

I would tend to agree with Jim. The depth of line up on all stages is far better than in any year previously, this is merely proved by Kowalski's post with the full line up from each year imo.

The headliners are always bound to provoke debate but this year there appears to have been more thought put into booking acts who are perhaps a bit more diverse.

Where is 2006 in this poll? That was my favourite so far. Slam, Carl Cox, Mylo (when he was at his best), Fatboyslim and Scratch perverts played one of the best sets I've seen. The main stage had good stuff all day, no messing about with indie nonsense and all in glorious sunshine.

Where is 2006 in this poll? That was my favourite so far. Slam, Carl Cox, Mylo (when he was at his best), Fatboyslim and Scratch perverts played one of the best sets I've seen. The main stage had good stuff all day, no messing about with indie nonsense and all in glorious sunshine.

I've went for 2007, perhaps it was the unknown quantity to it and the amazing headliners but that year was amazing for me, especially considering there were alot less stages and attractions.

For me it would go 2007>2009>2010>2008.