Howard Marks

Guest Kris Reid

I am currently half way through Mr Nice written by Howard Marks. For those who have not read it, I strongly suggest you go out and buy it/borrow from a friend! Its a great read so far, and I am really looking forward to meeting him again along at Howards End.

99p off Ebay and its one of the most interesting/humorous books I have read in a long time !

Yes its an excellent read, full of information about his life and yet theres never a dull moment, a very funny and intellectual man. I read it about 4 years ago now but it is still the best autobiography I've read to date. I'd suggest to everyone to read it at some point, its quite a difficult book to put down once you've started it.

Looking forward to a nice frosty pint in his bar and maybe a chat with the man himself. Maybe a sneaky biff aswell :P

Speak for yourself, i've got a jar of G13 curing for Rockness right now. And if given the chance i'm gonna pass a nice solid bud to the man himself for a wee taste.

And all his books are worth a read, and through dope stories i found paragraphs from other books that are also worth a read such as Smokescreen and marching powder. Senor nice is defo a light hearted read window licker, a lot of unusual claims of Welsh heritage etc, I'm gonna have to ask him about Elvis though, That has to be completely made up!

Sounds like a plan lads I'll keep a sniff out for ya's lol Wonder if they'll have a sniffer dog there this year, it'll have a fit walking past that bar if they do pmsl

They were there at the car parking entrance last year i think, i usually come in from the drop off bit. my mates got searched and said dogs were nearby and i was either tripping suhin nasty or i heard genuine barks when i went to their campsite later tht night. they were about as close to that entrance as u cud b and as far away from the arena as possible. yellow campsite all the way for me.

as for howard. im defo going to have to pick up these books and have a read before i meet the man. sounds like a total dude,