Camping sound system

Guest AlDaHousecat

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

playing loud music in the campsite, no matter what campsite you're in at times that could be annoying to other people is just really frustrating.

if you're thinking about bringing these things fine, but please think of others when using them between the hours of at least 2am to 8am. more like midnight to 10am.

Nothing wrong with music in campsites but not whilst im trying to sleep. i like good banter / fun / noise as much as anyone else but i like at least 6 hours at a festival just to get me through!

not like there isnt enough music on site anyway.

Worst thing ever at last years bestival when a group of about 8 late teens were playing loud music and shouting/being loud pretty much all morning... like 4am ish... i do need SOME sleep and im not asking much...

Just dont be selfish.

Edited by Memory Man

I think you've got to expect this at a festival though, and if you really care about sleep, go to the quiet area? Just because you want to sleep at 4am, doesn't mean everyone else does. Its not being selfish, its just being at a festival, listening to tunes and having banter, most folk do it every weekend in their own home, so should be allowed to do it in an open field?!

playing loud music in the campsite, no matter what campsite you're in at times that could be annoying to other people is just really frustrating.

if you're thinking about bringing these things fine, but please think of others when using them between the hours of at least 2am to 8am. more like midnight to 10am.

Nothing wrong with music in campsites but not whilst im trying to sleep. i like good banter / fun / noise as much as anyone else but i like at least 6 hours at a festival just to get me through!

Worst thing ever at last years bestival when a group of about 8 late teens were playing loud music and shouting/being loud pretty much all morning... like 4am ish... i do need SOME sleep and im not asking much...

Just dont be selfish.

we should agree to disagree....

i dont think you should have to go into the quiet area for a bit of courtesy from your neighbouring campers thats all.

dont think thats too much to ask. quiet music yes. loud music at appropriate times yes. loud music at inappropriate times, no. You have got entertainment that goes on till 4am!! what more do you even need past that time?

I intend to be at the entertainment until at least 3am ish if i can last it out, no issues there. i just want to be able to get my head down between then at 9am ish. not a lot to ask at all.

i judge a lot more if you play shit music :P

the main thing i find annoying at festivals is when you have to get up in the morning cos your tent gets so warm :P i could be a lot more tolerant if i could actually sleep till 11ish but i never seem to manage it....

Whatever happens it wont be as bad as leeds fest anyway and ive experienced that 4 times!

Edited by Memory Man

I think you've got to expect this at a festival though, and if you really care about sleep, go to the quiet area? Just because you want to sleep at 4am, doesn't mean everyone else does. Its not being selfish, its just being at a festival, listening to tunes and having banter, most folk do it every weekend in their own home, so should be allowed to do it in an open field?!

Just dont be selfish.

people who say they don't sleep at festivals are probably lying. i don't see how you can go 3 days with no sleep at all. you at least need a few hours each night. even if you stay up til about 7am, you can still get about 3 hours sleep before you need to get up.

people who say they don't sleep at festivals are probably lying. i don't see how you can go 3 days with no sleep at all. you at least need a few hours each night. even if you stay up til about 7am, you can still get about 3 hours sleep before you need to get up.

You would be suprised!

My mate Steve came to T with us and did not sleep the whole time. He was obviously off his face

Should have seen the state of him in the end.

Oooft some right grandas on here. If you can't sleep take some earplugs with you to the festival, problem solved. Our one is an old boom box with detachable speakers but we took off the originals and put on a couple of sony hi fi ones and a wee subwoofer. It takes 12xDD batteries and is so big it is attached to it's own trolley. It's a beast. You can't listen to techno without bass!

It's not about sleeping. I hardly sleep at festivals. It's about not annoying your neighbours and not just assuming they want to listen to your music. Be a little considerate.

Couple of years ago at TITP the folk in the group of tents next to us had music on and even though we weren't trying to sleep it was just f**king annoying.

I did close on to 72 hrs awake at Glade 08. Not showing off as by the end it was a horrible experience and I was well past partying ..just lying in a pit of sweat soaked manky clothes staring at the ceiling of my oven of a tent, shaking, grinding and crying

Edited by Disco_Fudge