Plugged In

Guest Paul ™

SSE (Scottish & Southern Energy) will be hosting the Plugged In area at this years Rockness, Wakestock and Bestival music festivals.

This area will be home to the official signing tent and a unique "recharge" zone for festival-goers to relax away from the madness while topping up their mobiles with specially designed eco-friendly chargers.

Not sure I can post the full article as not released yet, but there is a taster of whats to come with more coming soon! :P

I'm taking my old sony erricson to rockness (don't think my HTC Hero would survive a festival) & bought a couple of spare batteries off ebay for it for £2, tried them out & they work perfectly

I would suggest all festival goers try looking for spare batteries off ebay before going, save yourself alot of time & hassle :P

I'm taking my old sony erricson to rockness (don't think my HTC Hero would survive a festival) & bought a couple of spare batteries off ebay for it for £2, tried them out & they work perfectly

I would suggest all festival goers try looking for spare batteries off ebay before going, save yourself alot of time & hassle :P

I have an iPhone and im gutted! :P

1. The iPhone has no removable battery so Guy Rope Trippers idea is outta the window for me.

2. No insurance so im not gonna risk taking it..

3. I cant even put the sim into a bust up old phone cos the sim has my internet plan and everything on it! Loose that and i may aswell not have an iPhone.

So look out for the guy getting dragged outta the festival for lighting a bonfire whilst trying to text people via smoke signals! :P

SSE (Scottish & Southern Energy) will be hosting the Plugged In area at this years Rockness, Wakestock and Bestival music festivals.

This area will be home to the official signing tent and a unique "recharge" zone for festival-goers to relax away from the madness while topping up their mobiles with specially designed eco-friendly chargers.

Not sure I can post the full article as not released yet, but there is a taster of whats to come with more coming soon! :P

I was on vodafone when I went last year and it wasn't too bad compared to some - sketchy in some area's but I did manage to send texts and get calls (although sometimes texts would come through a couple hours later), but I think vodafone's more prevalent up there as they've got the most masts... I think, anyway! :P

o2 was pish last year, i had all my texts coming thru about 3am at one time. im on orange this year but im not expecting any better tbh! was a bit shit last year as my dad had just came outta hospital after a massive op and i wanted to keep in touch with home! always ended up talkin to my mum at stupid oclock when i was pure battered.

I got a wee cheapy fone out of tesco for festivals, was 15 quid, plus got 2 spare batteries of ebay for 7 quid (for glasto, coz il need it to last near enough a week), lost my blackberry at glasto last year so im not risking it again!